[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - lug nuts type?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

lug nuts type?

lug nuts type?

Postby keithy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:30 pm

anybody here knows what is the difference in application between an open end lug nuts and closed end lugs?

Reason I asked was that when I called up a store to purchase a set for my Team Dynamics Monza wheels, the sales person told me that open end was intended for under cap fitment while closed end lugs are for exposed lugs.

Is that true?
keithy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby anttarz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:33 pm

they use open ended on cars with center cap covering because they are cheaper. They would look dumb if exposed.
1999 Solara SLE V6 - Complete TRD Suspension (Struts, Springs, RSB, & FSTB) - OBX Headers, Random Tech w/ TRD Exhaust, 18" Kosei K1 TS, HIDs
anttarz
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:35 pm

Usually - it's a cosmetic issue - unless you like the "NASCAR" look on your ride! ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby keithy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

so, I'll be fine with closed end lugs even with the center cap on. correct?
keithy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ptballer » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:27 pm

The center cap may not fit over closed ended lug nuts.
Volk_RaysEngineering_SSR_Work_5Zigen_RacingHart__Kosei_Enkei_Toyo_Falken_BFG_Bridgetone_Yokohama
ptballer
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby keithy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:25 am

ptballer, oh... that was why the sales person said that. Initially I thought that he was just being lame and did not want to verify that closed ends wouldn't fit. I kinda like the closed ends more than the open ends, which was why I asked the sales person. But he never explained and kept putting me on hold to speak to another customers(then asked me to call back later).
keithy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry