[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 98 Camry: Speedometer issues
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

98 Camry: Speedometer issues

98 Camry: Speedometer issues

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:50 pm

My brother has a 98 camry and recently the speedometer started acting up. Sometimes it works, and other times, it will stay at 0.

When the speedometer works, cruise works. When it displays 0, cruise won't work.

I'm thinking the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) needs to be replaced, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had problems before I order one.

The car isn't near me, but when I can work on it, I'm going to check the vss wires to make sure they aren't frayed or loose.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby anttarz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:14 pm

My camry's RPM gauge has not worked for two years. I have tried to get it fixed through the dealership but have been unsuccessful.
1999 Solara SLE V6 - Complete TRD Suspension (Struts, Springs, RSB, & FSTB) - OBX Headers, Random Tech w/ TRD Exhaust, 18" Kosei K1 TS, HIDs
anttarz
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry