[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Stock Stereo Question
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Stock Stereo Question

Stock Stereo Question

Postby Silver2000Solara » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 am

I heard that the stereo comes with a code to program it if the battery is taken off, I'm guessing for anti-theft purposes. Is this true? And if so, are there instructions on programming your stereo?
Silver2000Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:00 pm

What year and sub-model specifically?
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby WTF?? » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:03 pm

If youre posting in regards to your 2000 solara, then no there is no re-programming involved if your battery is removed.

If youre posting in regards to an older model camry, I dont think so either, but its a possibility.... like earlier 90's model...
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby eyeball96 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:53 pm

I'm not sure I know the answer....but that information may be of value to me one day...I have the factory "high end stereo with CD (anti thief) in my 96 Coupe!

I think, if u take the Vin # to the dealer they can help ya...not sure if there's charge or not tho! Give em a call!
eyeball96
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jakecallun20 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:15 pm

I removed the battery to clean it and the stereo worked fine with no reprogramming other than my radio station presets. I disconnected it and changed the stereo at a later time, nothing about security codes there either. I also have the "high end" JBL system with the bad*** stock speakers, and the security system.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby xet » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:18 pm

I unplugged my battery numeroues times while with my "jbl" system and i never had any problems besides reseting my presets.
1998 camry xle
2005 g35 coupe 6mt
xet
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Silver2000Solara » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:09 pm

Thanks for the reply's everyone. Yea, I have a 2000 Solara, and I bought the Chilton repair manual but it's for camry's 1997-01, so it includes my solara and others. One of the warnings says that the stereo has an anti-theft system that will activate if I remove the battery, and that I need a a 3 digit security code. But I do remember disconnecting the battery connection to clean the terminals and I haven't had a problem, so I guess the security code isn't included in my system. Thanks for your help guys.
Silver2000Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry