[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Knock Sensor
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Knock Sensor

Knock Sensor

Postby bigpoppalh » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:04 pm

Hey guys i have been a member of this board for a while. I have a question about knock sensors. I have a 99 Camry v6 le. It has 125k miles on it. My check engine light keeps coming on and my brother has a small reader and it says knock sensor malfunction bank 2 error which means the knock sensor misfires. I have been told by someone who knows Toyota's fairly well that knock sensors do not go out very often. There are no loose wires that i can see. When i go to order the part at auto zone they say that 2 knock sensors are required. I was wondering if there is any advice i could get from everyone because i do not want to have to replace 300 dollars worth of sensors if that might not be the problem.
bigpoppalh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Ouch

Postby JMSinMaryland » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:09 pm

Happened to me as well but I was under 8yr/80k emissions warranty. Reset the CEL, if it goes on again or if you feel a difference in power than you've got to replace your knock sensors. I'd do both and save yourself some time.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Knock Sensor

Postby Dawgz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:09 pm

bigpoppalh wrote:Hey guys i have been a member of this board for a while. I have a question about knock sensors. I have a 99 Camry v6 le. It has 125k miles on it. My check engine light keeps coming on and my brother has a small reader and it says knock sensor malfunction bank 2 error which means the knock sensor misfires. I have been told by someone who knows Toyota's fairly well that knock sensors do not go out very often. There are no loose wires that i can see. When i go to order the part at auto zone they say that 2 knock sensors are required. I was wondering if there is any advice i could get from everyone because i do not want to have to replace 300 dollars worth of sensors if that might not be the problem.

if u think ur car is running fine and its just a faulty sensor, there is a write up on how to wire the rear sensor (at the ecu) to the front ones, so the ecu reads both inputs from the front sensor (which is bank 2).

But people who usually replace their sensors, go with GM sensors, and i hear/read that they dont blow as much.

GL!
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby bigpoppalh » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:39 pm

where would you find the gm brand sensors. thanks again.
bigpoppalh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry