[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question about Camry fog's
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Question about Camry fog's

Question about Camry fog's

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri May 09, 2003 8:23 am

If I buy the OEM bezels for the 1997-2001 camry... does anyone know of any aftermarker fog's that house neatly into the OEM bezels? Basically..if someone could educate me..as to what all parts are needed, i'd appreciate that...(fogs, wires, relay? switch.....). Thank you all.....
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Fog lights

Postby 999camry » Wed May 14, 2003 3:14 pm

Any luck with the round fog lights? I'm trying to do the same thing but I haven't had any luck. Toyota wants a mint for their fog light kit setup.
999camry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Guest » Tue May 20, 2003 1:05 pm

i don't know what you mean abuot oem bezels, but the factory fogs are one complete unit. the outer lens is glued (or somehow permanently attached) to the rest of the fog light housing. the whole thing costs around $90. my lens cracked, so i found out the hard way that you need to replace the whole thing. you can't just replace the lens.
jerold

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed May 21, 2003 11:29 am

look here if you think the Fog units are not one piece:
I can buy the bezels from here....but does someone know if aftermarket lamps fit OEM bezels

http://www.toyotaworld.com/accessories/fog_lights.htm
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:23 pm

now that you mention it, i guess the bezels were just "glued" on, so somewhere out there should have a replacement piece. I ended up buying through toyota, though, so all they had were the complete foglight, lens and all.

curious, why do you want just the bezels, and then search high and low for something that may or may not fit, instead of just buying the whole housing? then you can buy your relays and switches aftermarket.

-jerold

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:56 am

Anonymous wrote:now that you mention it, i guess the bezels were just "glued" on, so somewhere out there should have a replacement piece. I ended up buying through toyota, though, so all they had were the complete foglight, lens and all.
curious, why do you want just the bezels, and then search high and low for something that may or may not fit, instead of just buying the whole housing? then you can buy your relays and switches aftermarket.
-jerold

I just wanted to try and save $$...how much did you pay for the fog's and did you install them? (how easy/tough) was that...i know on my es, there are people who make clear fog's and hence i assumed there might have been people who make fog's for people with bezels...how much did you pay for yours..
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:44 am

i think i got everything confused. i thought you meant the lens part, but then i thought about it, and you're talking about the plastic trim ring pieces. if you were to buy just those pieces, you could take them to the automotive stores to see if their fogs will fit in it. that'd probably be a good way to go.

i've seen pictures of people who have those really narrow fogs that fit right between the grill slats too.

i actually got my fogs when i bought the car, so it was whatever expensive price they charged me.

-jerold

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:23 am

hey jhbhatia, check out camryman.org. there's a guy posting about wanting to sell his factory fogs. - jerold

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:45 am

I tried at camryman.org? DO you remember the heading of that? or have a direct link..or something...(sorry, I sux at camryman.org cus their threads are way different than what i understand....would appreciate the help!

EDIT: nevermind...i emailed him...now awaiting his reply. THANKS A BUNCH! :D
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby jerold » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:50 am

sorry, i don't get to check this site as often as i'd like. any luck with the email?

also, i noticed in an old thread that you wanted to swap your in-dash 6 disc for a single. did you ever do that? i'm interested in either getting a changer, or the in-dash 6.

jerold
2000 camry
jerold
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:49 pm

I emailed and left him a msg on camryman...didn't reply back...so i'm assuming his fog's sold. As far as the single cd player...I can tell you that the camry/ solara plugs are NOT THE SAME! Hence, wasn't going that route...and besides...since this is like my third time, they carged me $255 to repair my 3cd changer...and i think if its acts up one more time, i'm getting a new one from toyota!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby jerold » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:50 am

i'm unable to find the camry man's page. for some reason, it automatically redirects me to a different website.

i read on another post somewhere, that you can get another brand of the trunk mounted CD changers and use them in the camry. like they make an adapter or something. do you know anything about that? maybe i'll go talk to the car stereo guys and see what they say.

thanks,
jerold
2000 camry
jerold
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:07 am

Didn't know about that...I think in the future..i'm just going to bestbuy and getting the changer from there....forgetting OEM! :roll: But then again, i love my ES changer in the trunk....so maybe i'll just stick with oem! i know.... :drinking:
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby jerold » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:32 am

hey, where you at in tx? i've been hanging out in AZ, for the past few weeks, and i was thinking i'd drive to el paso on monday, just to check it out for a day. maybe we could meet up.
-jerold
2000 camry
jerold
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:05 am

jerold wrote:hey, where you at in tx? i've been hanging out in AZ, for the past few weeks, and i was thinking i'd drive to el paso on monday, just to check it out for a day. maybe we could meet up.
-jerold

haha...meeting me is very difficult! My first job i work 50hours/week, my second job i work 11/week hours....And besides, i'm pursuing my double masters! Not wanting to ack like an A-Hole...but any time off is sleep time for me! And time to spend with my dog! and then time for wifee........ :lol:
If your in houston...and by clear lake...(which i doubt it)...email me..and i'll meet up... (jhbhatia@hotmail.com)
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Toyota Camry