[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - gen4(97-99) CLEAR headlight lenses
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

gen4(97-99) CLEAR headlight lenses

gen4(97-99) CLEAR headlight lenses

Postby bigbirdSCed » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:21 am

hey guys , theres a guy on TN who is starting a GB for clear lenses for the gen4 headlights. heres the link...
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showt ... p?t=221416

(same guy who posted the retrofit)
bigbirdSCed
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DrLove » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Greg Cheban should make clear lens for Gen 1 fogs!
If he is able to do clear lens for camry headlights,
Im sure he is able to do also for our Solara.

Wanna try greg??
a GB would be awsome, to do us a low price.
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Greg Cheban » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:03 pm

DrLove wrote:Greg Cheban should make clear lens for Gen 1 fogs!

Wanna try greg??

I'm working on Camry GEN 3.5 headlights lens. So far I could not make them work, do to the size of the headlight lens. I'll try another step and see if I can make them.

I'll start with my sisters foglight (Solara gen 1) and see if I can make clear lens. I took a close look, and I seen that they have a lip on the sides. I'll update this post when I do start on them.
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:11 pm

Greg Cheban wrote:
DrLove wrote:Greg Cheban should make clear lens for Gen 1 fogs!

Wanna try greg??

I'm working on Camry GEN 3.5 headlights lens. So far I could not make them work, do to the size of the headlight lens. I'll try another step and see if I can make them.

I'll start with my sisters foglight (Solara gen 1) and see if I can make clear lens. I took a close look, and I seen that they have a lip on the sides. I'll update this post when I do start on them.

its easier to do gen 4.5 swap, bumper, headlights, corner lights, to gen 4.5 as well as the rear swap bumper trunk and tail light, just my 2 cents.
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby r0w » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:08 pm

I think alot of us here would be really interested in Gen1 Fog Lamp Clear Lens. If you do start that up Greg put me down for a set :D
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 pm

greg
you know id be one of the first to buy that set
and DAMN im still lovin the projector retro!!!
i just dropped some 6000k bulb in there
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Greg Cheban » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:15 am

Mr_Chunkz wrote:greg
you know id be one of the first to buy that set
and DAMN im still lovin the projector retro!!!
i just dropped some 6000k bulb in there

I'll let you know when I have a clear lens made.

BTW why did you go with 6000k? What brand bulbs did you use?
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Greg Cheban » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Update:

Today I started to make the clear lens for Gen 1 Solara fog lights. I took some pictures of the lens, but I'm still not finished. For projectors I plan to use Bosch mini fog lights. Here's some teaser pictures of the clear lens.

The lens are not wiped down, so they are kinda dusty.

Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Greg Cheban » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:02 pm

sorry double post.
Last edited by Greg Cheban on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 pm

OMG I WANT
But is there a way to make an ABS bezel to cover the unslightly welds on the back panel?
Also the reason I went 6000k on lights was cause I wanted pure white. FX Stock bulb make it look a bit amberish
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Greg Cheban » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Mr_Chunkz wrote:OMG I WANT
But is there a way to make an ABS bezel to cover the unslightly welds on the back panel?
Also the reason I went 6000k on lights was cause I wanted pure white. FX Stock bulb make it look a bit amberish

Oh yes I plan on making ABS bezel with Bosch projectors. The bezel I will paint the same color as the car. This is just the beginning (1/3) there is still more to do, to where they will attractive your attention.
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:37 pm

Greg Cheban wrote:

Oh yes I plan on making ABS bezel with Bosch projectors. The bezel I will paint the same color as the car. This is just the beginning (1/3) there is still more to do, to where they will attractive your attention.

If I was interested in this... especially being that I am already a happy customer of youres... would you be able to fabricate a bezel without the use of a projector? The reason I am asking is because I probably will NOT go projector on my foglights, as I am very happy with the light output my 50w fog gives me now, rather, I am just looking for a clear lense but with a cover to hide all the unsightly seams/welds and what have you at the back of the projector.
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:54 pm

I recently made a clear lense as well...

Greg Cheban you have a PM, check it please.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Greg Cheban » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:50 am

Mr_Chunkz wrote:
Greg Cheban wrote:

If I was interested in this... especially being that I am already a happy customer of youres... would you be able to fabricate a bezel without the use of a projector? The reason I am asking is because I probably will NOT go projector on my foglights, as I am very happy with the light output my 50w fog gives me now, rather, I am just looking for a clear lense but with a cover to hide all the unsightly seams/welds and what have you at the back of the projector.

without the OEM lens the light does not spread out. The fluted lens spreads the light output. Its like having the high beam on, or maybe I didn't understand your question right.

Dawgz I PMed you back.
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Dawgz » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:04 am

replied, agian.

What method did u use to form the lense?

i used a combination of my stove and oven, lol.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz

Next

Return to Toyota Camry