[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - gen4(97-99) CLEAR headlight lenses
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

gen4(97-99) CLEAR headlight lenses

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:38 am

Greg Cheban wrote:
Mr_Chunkz wrote:
Greg Cheban wrote:
Mr_Chunkz wrote:OMG I WANT
But is there a way to make an ABS bezel to cover the unslightly welds on the back panel?
Also the reason I went 6000k on lights was cause I wanted pure white. FX Stock bulb make it look a bit amberish

Oh yes I plan on making ABS bezel with Bosch projectors. The bezel I will paint the same color as the car. This is just the beginning (1/3) there is still more to do, to where they will attractive your attention.

If I was interested in this... especially being that I am already a happy customer of youres... would you be able to fabricate a bezel without the use of a projector? The reason I am asking is because I probably will NOT go projector on my foglights, as I am very happy with the light output my 50w fog gives me now, rather, I am just looking for a clear lense but with a cover to hide all the unsightly seams/welds and what have you at the back of the projector.

without the OEM lens the light does not spread out. The fluted lens spreads the light output. Its like having the high beam on, or maybe I didn't understand your question right.

Dawgz I PMed you back.

so light output is actually worse with a clear lense?
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Greg Cheban » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:28 am

Mr_Chunkz wrote:

If you are going to use the OEM reflectors, than yes the output will be worse. The reason why I made the clear lens is, because I'm retrofitting projector in there. With projectors I needed clear lenses for the output to be good. Here is the output of the projectors that I'm retrofitting in the fog lights: (sorry for the crappy picture)

I'll try and take a picture of the stock Solara fog light output without the fluted lens on.
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Dawgz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:08 pm

Looks good, uve got another PM
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Greg Cheban wrote:
Mr_Chunkz wrote:

If you are going to use the OEM reflectors, than yes the output will be worse. The reason why I made the clear lens is, because I'm retrofitting projector in there. With projectors I needed clear lenses for the output to be good. Here is the output of the projectors that I'm retrofitting in the fog lights: (sorry for the crappy picture)

I'll try and take a picture of the stock Solara fog light output without the fluted lens on.

How much worse are we talkin about? The reason im asking is cause my fog are primarily for show and i want them to look at nice as possible. I noticed the entire inside of the fog is coated with reflective materials so I figured it should still look pretty sick.
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Greg Cheban » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:47 am

I'll post some picture of the cut off. This way you can judge it yourself, but IMO it's not good.
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:07 pm

Greg Cheban wrote:I'll post some picture of the cut off. This way you can judge it yourself, but IMO it's not good.

kay thanks mang
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Tracy, u dont want to use regular bulbs on the clear lense, the light will not be focused anywhere and will act like a really weird second headlight.

IF ur gonna get clear lenses, get projectors.
Dawgz

Postby CASTRO » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Greg Cheban wrote:
Mr_Chunkz wrote:

great s2k car pic!
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:57 pm

Dawgz wrote:Tracy, u dont want to use regular bulbs on the clear lense, the light will not be focused anywhere and will act like a really weird second headlight.

IF ur gonna get clear lenses, get projectors.

yeh but im just thinkin that it wouldnt be worth spending the extra money to retro a fog.
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:15 pm

^ why not? fogs help out alot, and a projector in a fog looks pretty fckn sick....

my project cost me about 120-135 total, including projectors, new harness for the h3 bulb to 9006...bolts to mount the projector...silicone, 500 Degree Farenheight resistant Black spray paint.....

yea...so its definitly worth it!
Dawgz

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:34 pm

Dawgz wrote:^ why not? fogs help out alot, and a projector in a fog looks pretty fckn sick....

my project cost me about 120-135 total, including projectors, new harness for the h3 bulb to 9006...bolts to mount the projector...silicone, 500 Degree Farenheight resistant Black spray paint.....

yea...so its definitly worth it!

if i had my fogs done i would get HID projector though for sure and run an 8k bulb like what im running now.
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Greg Cheban » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 am

CASTRO wrote:
Greg Cheban wrote:
Mr_Chunkz wrote:

great s2k car pic!

It was night time and I did not want to leave it outside. So I took the pictures of the cut off with the S2K (my friends).
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Greg Cheban » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Mr_Chunkz wrote:
Greg Cheban wrote:I'll post some picture of the cut off. This way you can judge it yourself, but IMO it's not good.

kay thanks mang

Here's the picture that I promised. I used 9006 rebased HID 4300k bulbs.

Last edited by Greg Cheban on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Cheban
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:50 am

Greg Cheban wrote:
Mr_Chunkz wrote:

kay thanks mang

Here's the picture that I promised. I used 9006 rebased HID 4300k bulbs.

BTW I got the bezels in today, and I'll ship them out to you on Wednesday.

Bezels....?

Actually greg thats not much worse than what stock looks like... or maybe im not looking at it right. Can you post a pic of them close to the ground so i can could see dispersement on the floor?
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:26 am

^ thats with the projector
Dawgz

PreviousNext