[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara Headers for camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Solara Headers for camry

Postby Camry Racing » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:49 pm

shocar4 wrote:does anyone have any pics of the ebay headers installed on a 1mz?

yeah it will be great to see a pic :P

Camry Racing
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby campfire9 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:40 am

Ok, I have taken pictures of my ebay headers on my 99 Solara. My problem is I don't know how to add them to this post. Imagestation won't let me start a new album and Shutterfly doesn't have a way to post the pictures either.
I know this shouldn't be posted here but I wanted to let those interested in pictures to know.

Anyone who can help please pm me.
Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another very expensive flying club.
campfire9
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby shocar4 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:46 am

download them to photobucket! it is really easy and then to solaraguy....there is a section in the pics and videos that explains it! can't wait to see pics!
99DWP SC 4psi, TRD shortshifter, 305 RC's, Jim's fuel, iK22, 190lph walbro, ssfc, 170 thermo, greddy catback!(SOLD)
99DWP SC 4psi, Injen CAI, TRD exhaust, TRD shortshifter, Jim's Fuel, Magnecore wires, NGK Iridium IX!(SOLD)
shocar4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Camry Racing » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:44 am

just upload them to imageshack or photobucket and post the link here is easy and guys I still want to know if they will fit

Camry Racing
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:19 am

shocar4 wrote:does anyone have any pics of the ebay headers installed on a 1mz?

Hopefully sienna won't mind me using these

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby campfire9 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:30 pm

Well I was able to upload the pictures and thanks for your help. So hopefully here are my 99 Solara ebay headers installed.[img][img]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/campfire9/headers005.jpg[/img]Image[/img]ImageImageImageImageImageImage[img][img]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/campfire9/headers029.jpg[/img][/img]Image[img][img]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/campfire9/headers008.jpg[/img][/img]Image
campfire9
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:54 pm

You will see gains no matter what, Its just full potiential gain or not is the question.

Header itself is great but I would like to see the Tq curve of those on a stock NA. SC people do not have to worry but I would like to see dyno sheet of it on an NA. IMO for what it is, I recommend it for NA people only with that Y pipe they give you. The restriction should be enough to retain a comfortable Tq curve... but over time I can tell it will crack just like anything else now days.

Welding itself looks ok EXCEPT where all 3 routed pipe meets. As you can see in some of the pictures, Looks poor. Same spot my friends cracked on and it was a 4 banger and got from ebay. I have seen better weldings then that.

The stock header is NOT bad at all. Last time I heard of my old car, it was taking on a good A/F and good powerband at 280-290whp range.

So just because its an aftermarket part, Does not mean its better then stock.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby shocar4 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:16 pm

i understand where you are coming from dats! i am sc'ed and i plan on trying a set of those headers with a custom y-pipe and no cat! someone has to be the dumby in the group! worse comes to worse, i am out of $200 for some shiny pipes! i just can't afford the jpp stuff so i have to go with what i can afford! shoot i have to save up to even buy these! haha
99DWP SC 4psi, TRD shortshifter, 305 RC's, Jim's fuel, iK22, 190lph walbro, ssfc, 170 thermo, greddy catback!(SOLD)
99DWP SC 4psi, Injen CAI, TRD exhaust, TRD shortshifter, Jim's Fuel, Magnecore wires, NGK Iridium IX!(SOLD)
shocar4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:27 pm

shocar4 wrote:i understand where you are coming from dats! i am sc'ed and i plan on trying a set of those headers with a custom y-pipe and no cat! someone has to be the dumby in the group! worse comes to worse, i am out of $200 for some shiny pipes! i just can't afford the jpp stuff so i have to go with what i can afford! shoot i have to save up to even buy these! haha

You wont be disapointed I bet. I rather be in your shoes. Back then before all of these stuff came out, I had to forge my OWN money for my OWN R&D. You guys have it easy with 200 bucks and maybe 300 more for a custom Y pipe... I paid 500 for mine on stock headers, and blew a good 10 grand on MY solara. One reason why I dont have much friends, Im always working to pay off my R&D BILLS haha.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby shocar4 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:57 pm

campfire9 did you just reuse your stock egr tube?
shocar4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:02 pm

So campfire did you notice any gains with that setup
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Midias wrote:So campfire did you notice any gains with that setup

And if so, was it worth what you spent?
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby campfire9 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:11 pm

Everything in the system remained the same except my muffler guy had to change the bung for a 02 sensor on the back bank. Noting else was moved. The change I feel is that it runs better and smoother. Haven't gunned it to see if I lose anything on the top end because about the highest rpm I have seen is 4500. Maybe one of these days when I'm around 75 mph I will step down on it and see what happens. (Damn old drivers).

Anyway I like them very much so far and they are worth what I have spent on them.
campfire9
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Camry Racing » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:09 pm

ok GUYS I still need to know if they will FIT my CAMRY :-?

Camry Racing
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jakecallun20 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:10 pm

It FITS the 1MZ engine.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext