[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - INSTALLED EBAY SOLARA HEADERS
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

INSTALLED EBAY SOLARA HEADERS

Postby Camry Racing » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:40 am

actually my car is in comma I received the year with out tranny lol it finally died last night I went back home in a flat bed time to go 5speed now

Camry Racing
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RandySolara » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:53 am

Jakecallun20 wrote:Because those vacuum hoses are important, they provide filtered air for the parts that need it. And the whole intake needs to be 2.75" diameter.

Can u please tell me what that small hose is for ? me n a friend bought cheap Air-Intake for Solara gen1, this Air intake only has too holes to hookup except for the small hose, thus i had to drilled and custom made a small hole for the small hose on the Intake, we test drive for couple miles and then,,,,,

Both my car n my friend's car got the "CHECK" sensor light turned on, i asked peoples, they said it could be the cheap air intake or because i drilled a hole for that small hose, u got any idea or please explain more how important are those hoses ? thanks in advance bro.
RandySolara
BAN sticked

Postby Midias » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:58 am

^ drilling the hole is fine the big reason for the CEL is because the cheap intake is 3" and the stock MAF wants 2.75 inch.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RandySolara » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:37 am

Midias wrote:^ drilling the hole is fine the big reason for the CEL is because the cheap intake is 3" and the stock MAF wants 2.75 inch.

Oh i see, i get it, will do a measurement later on, ill get a good intake too but dont know which brand name is better Injen or Cpe ???
RandySolara
BAN sticked

Postby Pogs » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:43 am

After some dyno test a member concluded that between an injen and a CPE, the injen is better. However if your going for a tunable CPE that is the best.... I wish the Weapon R intake was tested too...
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:00 am

Pogs wrote:After some dyno test a member concluded that between an injen and a CPE, the injen is better. However if your going for a tunable CPE that is the best.... I wish the Weapon R intake was tested too...

The dyno tests were gen 2 with Jpp headers. The problem was he could not tune the system with both the CPE and the headers together using the CPE box but hew could tune the system with injen and the URD box.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Pogs » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:04 am

^^^ Thanks for the clarification... ignore my previous post
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RandySolara » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Pogs wrote:After some dyno test a member concluded that between an injen and a CPE, the injen is better. However if your going for a tunable CPE that is the best.... I wish the Weapon R intake was tested too...

Will go for Injen, thanks for the advice bro.
RandySolara
BAN sticked

Postby Midias » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:52 pm

RandySolara wrote:

You should read the next post in general CPE rapes injen

The dyno tests were gen 2 with Jpp headers. The problem was he could not tune the system with both the CPE and the headers together using the CPE box but hew could tune the system with injen and the URD box.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RandySolara » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Midias wrote:
RandySolara wrote:

You should read the next post in general CPE rapes injen

I just checked the instructions of CPE, alot of work i like plug n play.
RandySolara
BAN sticked

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:58 am

who couldnt tune with the cpe box?
Blown @ 5.5PSI w/ xerd, 3inch jpp, tunable cpe Automatic... SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 ZOOM-ZOOM B)
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 am

99V6solaraSE wrote:who couldnt tune with the cpe box?

PXL couldn't get the CP-e box to tune properly with the JPP, but that was a gen 2. I had similar issues (gen 2) but my box wasn't tuneable. Upon dynoing the preset cpe black box set up vs injen with no box, I found the injen set up acheived more hp over the untuned cp-e.
^^^^^^^^^this applied to a Gen 2^^^^^^^^^^
Using the tuneable CP-e should see more hp, because you'd be able to adjust for the headers, which the untuneable (preset) cannot.

Hope this clarifies.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:05 am

oh ok just wondering. I have yet to tune my car and havent heard anyone who has tuned the cpe in combination with headers and supercharger.
Blown @ 5.5PSI w/ xerd, 3inch jpp, tunable cpe Automatic... SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 ZOOM-ZOOM B)
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RandySolara » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:27 pm

PXLpainter wrote:With more airflow of any kind you will need to get your car re-tuned to match the new air/fuel mix or you WILL notice a loss of low=end torque.

Can u specify more about ur post ? , what do u mean by re-tuned ?
RandySolara
BAN sticked

Previous

Return to Toyota Camry