[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CpE-Intake
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

CpE-Intake

CpE-Intake

Postby cartang » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:28 am

Hi some questions about this Intake ?
I have 1999 Camry , Manual SC 6 psi, V6 1MZ , same Solara motor, Jim Fuel system upgrade, Walbro pump 190 gph, Greeddy Cat back exhaust , I never tuned the car , knock sensors blowed (x 2 ) in 8 years
1) Any member with this intake and SC Solara or camry experiences
2) Choose a tunable or non tunable
3 ) Its bolt on ? How long take the instalation , I have a mechanic at Toyota in Tampa
4) Where can I order the Intake ? How much it cost ?
5) Whats is SAFC II ? it will help my car ?. :)

Thanks a lot for the answers , I dont know nothing about mechanics, I am a MD Pediatrician.
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:08 am

I presume then that you don't have an intake system?

save your money and just go pick up a cold-air intake and an safc II (which lets you tune your air/fuel trim for best/safest performance)

that's basically all the cpe intake does as well.

the cpe is geared more towards the naturally aspirated crowd since the non-tunable version and (I believe) the tuneable version comes with a base tune map that is more aggressive than the stock map, which is a good starting point since it is basically a waste of money to dyno tune a non-boosted car
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby akora12 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:18 am

I'm boosted with the cp-e intake and haven't had any problems. I would say the piggyback that's included with the kit is a nice base, but the SAFC is definitely needed for higher boost. The tuneable box for the cp-e would work as well, but is usually harder to work with.

It's probably unnecessary if you have a s/c, but it looks much better than any other intake, IMO.
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: CpE-Intake

Postby Sebas007 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:19 am

cartang wrote:1) Any member with this intake and SC Solara or camry experiences
3 ) Its bolt on ? How long take the instalation , I have a mechanic at Toyota in Tampa

1 - Yeah like akora, some other members tries it but that many. I know that a non active member did it with his 1MZ Sienna. SCSienna or something like it.
2 - Tunable for you custom need (By the way tunable and non-tuable are initialy set with the same mapping.)
3 - There is the electric and the under the hood part. The under hood part will be very easy for your mechanic about 30 mins max. The electrics part is a bit more tricky because you have to double and triple check if you got the good wires but would be the same for a SAFC II anyway
4 - www.cp-e.com and check MAFci section
5 - SAFC II is a tuner tool as the black box of CP-e. The big diff is that most of tuners shop know how to tune with the SAFC II but not with the CP-e.

Bottom line that CP-e MAFci equals SAFCII + Intake. But depends of your current setup and what you want to do with it...one solution would be better than the other. If you think your setup will remain the same I would go with CP-e if you need big tuning change I would go safe and go with SAFCII. Safe because the knowledge is on the SAFCII side.
Last edited by Sebas007 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Cp-E intake

Postby cartang » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:49 am

Any place to buy a real cool air intake price and brand ?
and SAFc II for tunning .
for SC :fadein: Solara or camry preference or suggestion
Cpe-intake VS cold air Intake ( Intake with extension is available for us?)

Thanks for the answers and pardon my ignorance :wink:
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sebas007 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:00 am

if you go with SAFCII, your intake pipe diameter will be at 3" just small enough to go directly towards your front left fender to collect cold air CAI. If you go CP-e the diameter will be 3.5" I don't think it will be possible do go the same route.

You can SEARCH the SG forum and you'll find pics and comments of members that made it. Don't be shy to be a noob...but don't be shy don't serch too. Search function is your friend...sometime ;)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:50 pm

im SC and have the tunable cpe. And its been running fine.

The reason i went with this combinations was to be different. I was curious to see what kinds of gains i could get. There arent many of us with this combo.
The tunable cpe has a good amount more tuning points than the SAFC.
And i guess i weighed the 3.5inch more than the cold air aspect.
Blown @ 5.5PSI w/ xerd, 3inch jpp, tunable cpe Automatic... SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 ZOOM-ZOOM B)
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

To Akora 12, and 99V6 solara SE

Postby cartang » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Any gains with the Cp-E intake , feel better with the SC ? now you already tried the Cpe- would prefer it or cold air intake . I contacted today the Cp-e company, 3 weeks to be built it.
last questions a cold air Intake is still made , where can iI find it Thanks a lot for your time Akora12 and 99v6solara SE and and memnbers)
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:38 pm

^^

I guess you can easily built your own custom CAI extension from Injen SRI (Short Ram Intake) but it don't gives that much gain. Nothing can replace $$$ mods like air induction system has any kind of S/C or turbo.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: CpE-Intake

Postby SleeperSolara » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:52 pm

cartang wrote:Hi some questions about this Intake ?
I have 1999 Camry , Manual SC 6 psi, V6 1MZ , same Solara motor, Jim Fuel system upgrade, Walbro pump 190 gph, Greeddy Cat back exhaust , I never tuned the car , knock sensors blowed (x 2 ) in 8 years
1) Any member with this intake and SC Solara or camry experiences

You should be fine.
When my car was still in the body shop and i had my CP-e intake at home, i was about to test fit it in my dad's 1998 Camry. lol.
1. I don't have an S/C yet, but i do have the CP-e intake wit the tuneable piggyback ECU. About to get an S/C hopefully.
2. If you're S/C go wit a tuneable ECU version. The non-tuneable version has just the basic map so the OEM ECU can run off of.
3. Yeah it's a bolt on i bought my CP-e intake from "JaveJoe2" which he had bought his from "SiennaSC" [i think i have his screen name right].
I had to modfiy the vibration mountin' bolts a bit and add some washer, to have it sit right in my car.
4a. Engine wise i only took me about 30 minutes top, cause i had to figure a way to route my oil catch can hoses.
4b. For the piggyback ECU it's a bit hard. You have to make sure you tap into the right wires on the OEM ECU plugs.

For the OEM ECU plugs, 1 of my wires on the plug was a different color than what the instructions said, but i got the right wire though.

Here are some pictures to let you know what it looks like.

Hope this helps.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Toyota Camry