[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Problem starting camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Problem starting camry

Problem starting camry

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi folks, sometimes we're having a problem starting our 1997 camry xle v6 (ie 1mmzfe). There are no codes. battery+alt per autozone are in good working order. I go in a the car doesn't turn...then I've figured out a process to make it start.

When ever it doesn't start or turn..we arm the car, let the red light on the dash come on (solid lightt for 30 seconds, and thereafter blinking), then we unarm and start again..and the car starts fine.

I'm suspecting its something to do with the alarm...Rs3000, (something with the engine immobilizer isn't letting go when we disarm at times). The car is factory maintained..the extended warranty is out due time (11 years old). The car has just about 100K miles. Sparks and plus were replaced less than 10K miles agao (denso iri+NKG wires).

PLs advise what I'm missing here..esp since there is no CEL, no codes, nothing to work from.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby .onetohate » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:27 pm

ur on the right track with the immobilizer.
.onetohate
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:21 pm

any more suggestion to look for???
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:37 pm

after now know for almost two months - problem solved. it was a battery. It wasn't dead, but after 6.5 years you don't think its the battery if its starts.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry