[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2000 Solara Transmission Shimmy
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

2000 Solara Transmission Shimmy

2000 Solara Transmission Shimmy

Postby TexAcoon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:21 pm

When my 2000 Solara shifts about 50 mph I get a shimmy after the shift.
At lower speeds I do not get this shimmy after the 1st, 2nd + shifts..

When traveling down the interstate around 75 mph, let off of the accelerator, then step back on it again, I get the shimmy after the shift once again..

I have new motor and transmission mounts ... But the blasted shimmy after the shift is starting to become annoying..

Any ideas what it will take to fix this?

Thanks!
TexAcoon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TMMK Toy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:15 pm

I take it this is auto?
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarizona » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:36 pm

When traveling down the interstate around 75 mph, let off of the accelerator, then step back on it again, I get the shimmy after the shift once again..

I had the same thing and it turned out to be a bad EGR sensor. Do you get any CEL's?
TRD Bodykit, Eibach, Tokico, BBS, OBX headers/y-pipe, Custom 2.5" Magnaflow/Dynomax, PowerStop, Goodridge, AFE.
Solarizona
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TexAcoon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:31 am

Not sure why it would be an EGR sensor ..
If so I would think I would have an "idiot light" saying "check engine" ...

CELs to me have several meanings.. Please clarify..

Thanks!
TexAcoon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TexAcoon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:53 am

TMMK Toy wrote:I take it this is auto?

Thats correct ... automatic tranny
TexAcoon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:15 am

TexAcoon wrote: "idiot light" saying "check engine" ...CELs ..

Same thing.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Eye8Pussies » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:21 pm

what exactly is a "shimmy"??
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TexAcoon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 pm

Eye8Pussies wrote:what exactly is a "shimmy"??

As stated: When the vehicle goes into it's last gear (overdrive) their is a "shimmy" after the shift. Feels more like it is trying to catch the last gear or skipping into gear. There isn't any noise as if the transmission is having shifting or gear meshing problems. After reading one article it starting to sound like the overdrive solenoid.
TexAcoon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Camry Racing » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:01 am

actually I think that could be even more thing since I already have problems with my transmission it could be either the overdrive cable, lack of transmission oil or maybe I change of oil if needed or even your transmission oil pump is failing like mine did

Camry Racing
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TexAcoon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Camry Racing wrote:change of oil if needed

I think I may try a filter and oil change. Today, driving down the interstate the tranny does not shimmy after it goes into OD when cold. However, after you drive it for about an hour then it becomes noticable. I decide to work the OD by taking it "in" and "out" with the push button and it seems not to go through the shimmy at the end of an OD shift. I am starting to wonder if "just maybe" a tranny filter and new fluid might be the answer. The fluid looks fine in the transmission .. But you never can tell about the filter...
TexAcoon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry