[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - GEN4 V6 Spring same as Solara GEN1 V6 spring?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

GEN4 V6 Spring same as Solara GEN1 V6 spring?

GEN4 V6 Spring same as Solara GEN1 V6 spring?

Postby S99Solara » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:41 pm

I am pretty sure I read in the past that the suspension are interchangeable between the Camry and Solara. Please correct me If I am wrong.

I just called the dealer they told me the part number is different though.

Please advise.
06 4Runner V8 SE
98 1MZ-FE Camry
SOLD! 1999 SE V6 5 Speed,Clutch Masters Stage 2 Clutch Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Tein / Tokico, Philips power2night GT150 H4, TWM Shortshifter, Optima Red Top Battery, TRD RSB
S99Solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: GEN4 V6 Spring same as Solara GEN1 V6 spring?

Postby Dawgz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:30 pm

S99Solara wrote:I am pretty sure I read in the past that the suspension are interchangeable between the Camry and Solara. Please correct me If I am wrong.

I just called the dealer they told me the part number is different though.

Please advise.

as far as i know NOW, it is the same.

I just baught a full suspension off a gen 4 for my gen 1
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby S99Solara » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:27 pm

great! thank you
06 4Runner V8 SE
98 1MZ-FE Camry
SOLD! 1999 SE V6 5 Speed,Clutch Masters Stage 2 Clutch Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Tein / Tokico, Philips power2night GT150 H4, TWM Shortshifter, Optima Red Top Battery, TRD RSB
S99Solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:44 pm

Eibachs are listed as 99-03 solara, and separately as 1996 - 2004 CAMRY

I don't have a parts catalog with part numbers, but I bet it's different Solara vs Camry, i4 vs v6, auto vs 5sp. Probably just ride height and springrate, but I'm sure they'll seat the same.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:46 pm

ThurzNite wrote:Eibachs are listed as 99-03 solara, and separately as 1996 - 2004 CAMRY

I don't have a parts catalog with part numbers, but I bet it's different Solara vs Camry, i4 vs v6, auto vs 5sp. Probably just ride height and springrate, but I'm sure they'll seat the same.

Dr J

yes, the solara ones are rated to lower the car a tad bit more than the camry ones.
Dawgz

Postby 1st Gen Sol » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:08 am

The suspension from a Gen 4 Camry is the same as the Gen 1 Solara as Dawgz has already stated. The only difference is the part numbers from the dealership.

The drop is also gonna be a lil lower installed on a Solara compared to a Camry. I had Eibach's originally from a Camry installed until I got myself a set of coilovers.
1st Gen Sol
Stock Sleeper
Stock Sleeper

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:55 pm

1st Gen Sol wrote:The suspension from a Gen 4 Camry is the same as the Gen 1 Solara as Dawgz has already stated. The only difference is the part numbers from the dealership.

There's a ton of interchangable parts between solara/camry, that have same part numbers. If the springs are the same as u state, why would they have diff part numbers?
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:04 pm

ThurzNite wrote:
1st Gen Sol wrote:The suspension from a Gen 4 Camry is the same as the Gen 1 Solara as Dawgz has already stated. The only difference is the part numbers from the dealership.

There's a ton of interchangable parts between solara/camry, that have same part numbers. If the springs are the same as u state, why would they have diff part numbers?

the solara Eibach springs lower the car a bit more than the ones made for the camry....

i guess cause the solara is "sportier" ? i dono
Dawgz

Postby 1st Gen Sol » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:13 pm

ThurzNite wrote:There's a ton of interchangable parts between solara/camry, that have same part numbers. If the springs are the same as u state, why would they have diff part numbers?

They have different part numbers because they are listed for a Camry and not a Solara, why I don't know. Yeah, there are a ton of interchangeable parts, each part is vehicle specific with part numbers specifying which car it is for.....the part numbers are not the same........An example of this are the factory radios. Each radio has a different part number (look on the front of your radio and compare it to one that looks similiar on a Camry or any other Toyota that has an identical radio, the numbers are different.

.........the question about the drop from a Camry to a Solara is that if you go with springs and struts from a Camry and install them onto a Solara (aftermarket springs and struts), the drop will be lower on the Solara then the Camry, but not by much. I know this because I had Camry springs on my Solara(Eibach springs w/ Tokico struts). Coilovers I assume would be the same in ride height on a Solara and a Camry b/c they are adjustable to your liking.
1st Gen Sol
Stock Sleeper
Stock Sleeper

Return to Toyota Camry