[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Upgraded to HID's..Now No DRL...
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Upgraded to HID's..Now No DRL...

Upgraded to HID's..Now No DRL...

Postby M_ABILLONES » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:14 am

I just recently upgraded my highs, lows and fogs to hid kits and now my drl doesn't come on...is there anything i can do to get my drl to turn on automatically again???

Thanks,

MArk
M_ABILLONES
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:53 am

Sounds to me that you have a Gen4.5+ and therefore have the high beams as DRL. DRL is usually the high beam light with reduced output going directly to the bulb. However, most HID has power sourced from the battery to the ballast and the one going to the light as "reference" (e.g. whether it should be turned on or off), and usually won't turn on since the voltage doesn't match the "full brightness" voltage.

Therefore if you still wanted DRL, my advice would've been not to switch out the high beams; the most usage in city driving would be to flash it (which by the way is bad for HIDs) or night-time driving with no cars for about 2 blocks.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:56 am

the only way is to take the HID off the highs if you want the drl to come back on
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby M_ABILLONES » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:59 am

So in short im f*cked!
M_ABILLONES
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Dawgz » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:09 am

U like having DRL's?
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:05 pm

I don't see a problem... NeFaRiOuS_SLE told u the solution: you need a way to trigger the lights. Pick up a relay, goto www.the12volt.com and use the diagram there.
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby prsolara » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:48 pm

I think that is better use the hid without the drl lights on because it cuts the life of the lights that is 3500. In my car I take off the drl lights cuz they fcked too fast.... But if in your country this is a most then go ahead but keep in mind that they will fuse out too fast. :-?
prsolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:38 pm

What about in some countries where DRL are mandatory? Do they have special HID setup that last longer? Or do they have separate 'city lights'?
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:11 pm

ThurzNite wrote:What about in some countries where DRL are mandatory? Do they have special HID setup that last longer? Or do they have separate 'city lights'?

In those cases, it is reverted to either the turn signal being on all the time (the brighter of a dual-filament bulb; not blinking) or the high beams on dim.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DrLove » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:11 pm

In Canada,
Newer mazda 3 has high beam dim, so your HID just start at night. Lots of new car with HID use highbeam dim (6V each) here, less car with corner flashers light.
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry