[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 94 camry repairs
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

94 camry repairs

94 camry repairs

Postby Waltherone » Thu May 30, 2002 11:28 am

My mom just got her car back from the dealership, haha theyre SO screwing her on costs, so I told her I'll do some of it. got a couple questions tho. They said her tranny and coolant fluids need flushing and replaced, what do they mean FLUSHED?

Anyway the real question is, if I just disconnect the bottom hose of her radiator, will that drain all the coolant or will there still be some left in her engine?

Thanks guys :)
Waltherone

Postby 2VZ-FE -- E52 » Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:41 am

Tranny flush: where they hook up a machine to the transmission filler tube and pump and recirculate new ATF. A simple drain and refill only replaces roughly 80% of old fluid. I personally recommend getting the pan dropped and have them clean the pan, & replace the transmission filter. That should cost around $100, and it's worth the money and effort.

Coolant flush: By draining at the radiator, you drain only the coolant at the radiator, not the engine. There are coolant plugs at the engine that needs to to loosened so it can drain. The usual way to flush is done by draining the radiator, refill with water, run the engine, and repeat until the stuff drained out is clear. Then the new coolant is refilled and topped of as necessary. Make sure the OE Toyota Red coolant is used. Other formulation such as DexCool, Prestone, etc may not be compatible.[/b]
Retired:
1988.5 Camry V6 5-speed

Now:
2002 Golf TDI 5-speed
(I got a 80 mile commute)
2VZ-FE -- E52
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry