[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - how to reinstall rear seatbelts correctly
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

how to reinstall rear seatbelts correctly

how to reinstall rear seatbelts correctly

Postby beau55 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:38 am

I just did the rear struts following the instructions on this site. Things went quite smoothly. However, I have a few questions about reinstalling the rear seats and seatbelsts.

My questions are these:

1. Prior to the disassembly, when you folded one or both of the rear seats forward, the seatbelt came down with it. It sat like on the 'shoulder' of the seatback. However, now it slides off the side and gets jammed up between the side panel and the side of the seatback.

2. The other thing is: there are two double ended seatbelt receptors about a foot long, with a buckle at each end and at a metal buckle with a bolt hole in the middle. These bolt to the body just beneath the the seatback and you just fish the buckles up through the holes in the seat bottom cushion. The problem is that they use one bolt and there is an arrow imprinted on the the metal thingy with the bolt hole....which way is the arrow supposed to face?
Thanks!

Other than that, things went pretty well, considering I'd never done struts before. The fronts are definitely mucho easier, though!
beau55
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby beau55 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 pm

maybe somebody has some photos of the interior showing the seatbelts on the rear seats woud help
me get an idea where the problem is...Thanks
beau55
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

bump!! anybody at least have a photo or two...

Postby beau55 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:32 pm

of a stock rear interior that shows the sealt belt arrangement over the top of the seatback? I would sure appreciate it!!!
beau55
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JamesT » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:30 pm

What year Camry do you have?
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT
Shift Boot Master Crafter
Shift Boot Master Crafter

Postby beau55 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 pm

99 solara
beau55