[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Flex Pipe
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Flex Pipe

Flex Pipe

Postby platypusfetch » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:33 am

I just got off the Phone with a toyota STEALER. I think I have a hole in the flex pipe (V6) My dodge avenger -->$272.93 TOTAL

Toyota's unseen quote......You had better sit down......

For just the Pipe---------------------------->$1,463.00
Gaskets-------------------------------------->$25.00
LABOUR-------------------------------------->@ $85.00

TOTAL----------------------------------------> $1573.00
TAX @ 14% gst and Pst

GRAND TOTAL---------------------------------->1793.22

Anyone got any better ideas.....cause this answer is not going to work for me

Thanks in advance

Platy..
platypusfetch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PhreakdOut » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:00 am

That pipe must have the catalytic converter built into it. Muffler shops carry universal flex sections. They cut off your old one and weld in a new section. Should be under $200 CAD.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Dawgz » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:40 am

In the dealer's defense....they replace parts rather than cutting out the problamatic section and installing the new one and then welding it on....Muffler shops on the other hand will do what was mentioned above.

It would be more of a hassle for a dealership to cut out the old piece and install a new one rather than installing a whole new pipe, thats what they have been doing and thats what they will do in the future. So for jobs like this, you should avoid the dealership and go to a muffler shop.

GL!
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Midias » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:43 am

For my wife's camry I just cut the old one out and welded a new one in cost me about 20 dollars.

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Dawgz » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:50 am

Midias, u make damn good use of that welder of urs! lol.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz

Postby platypusfetch » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:05 am

thanks fellas. went to check out a local guy......mom and pop shop

mandrel bent 2.5" piping to replace all the weird bends at the end of the stock "headers" (found some leaks in it at the pinch welds) + replace the flex pipe.

$175-200 + tx.

Thanks again
Platy
platypusfetch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry