[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - MAF Replacement
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

MAF Replacement

MAF Replacement

Postby JamesT » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Is it possible to replace the MAF on the Gen 3.5 V6 with the one used on the Gen 4? As far as wiring and such goes, what would need to be done?

For reference:

Gen 3.5

Gen 4 (I think)
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT
Shift Boot Master Crafter

Postby Dawgz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:24 pm

buy a Gen 4 intake that has the port for the correct Maf?

U might also wanna look into if these mafs are sending out diffrent signals.....which would be fooling ur ecu....i dono the specifics about that but could be a possibility.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby JamesT » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:29 pm

I'd like to get the Injen intake that everyone here seems to have - hence the question.

Dawgz nailed what I was trying to figure out - if the two different MAFs were sending out different signals. It would be nice to know before I buy the stuff.
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT

Return to Toyota Camry