[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need infos from all Camry owners
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Need infos from all Camry owners

Need infos from all Camry owners

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:37 pm

Getting tired of driving the manual Civic. Extremely fun car and 500-550 miles on a 20 dollar full tank of gas is great. But again getting tired of manual.

Being offered from my uncle a 1993 V6 Toyota Camry Auto. I will look into it more but in the mean time be nice if anyone can tell me a little about them.

I know its 185hp 3VZ or something motor. Sad its not a 1MZ but its an Auto and roomy still. Has 90K miles on it.

Can anyone tell me anything else about it? Like what gen is it, what performance stuff can be swap into it from the 1MZ or the solaras. Suspension from solara work? etc etc.

I have NEVER seen the car nor seen any pictures of it yet other then the outside and how it looks. Never seen what a 3VZ looks like yet. I was just offered this 10 minutes ago so posting it up.

so let me know. Ill search more on it later.

Adding: I just notice it uses the older MAF type sensors. Are the new one swap able into it? The only homework I have done on it so far is Ebay parts.
Last edited by DatSRBoi on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Re: Need infos from all Camry owners

Postby Dawgz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:38 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:Getting tired of driving the manual Civic. Extremely fun car and 500-550 miles on a 20 dollar full tank of gas is great. But again getting tired of manual.

Being offered from my uncle a 1993 V6 Toyota Camry Auto. I will look into it more but in the mean time be nice if anyone can tell me a little about them.

I know its 185hp 3VZ or something motor. Sad its not a 1MZ but its an Auto and roomy still. Has 90K miles on it.

Can anyone tell me anything else about it? Like what gen is it, what performance stuff can be swap into it from the 1MZ or the solaras. Suspension from solara work? etc etc.

I have NEVER seen the car nor seen any pictures of it yet other then the outside and how it looks. Never seen what a 3VZ looks like yet. I was just offered this 10 minutes ago so posting it up.

so let me know. Ill search more on it later.

Gen 3, and im pretty sure that itll have a 1mz...
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby ASG14 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:10 pm

92/93 Camry had the 3VZ, 94+ was 1MZ.

Anything suspention wise from a Gen 3 is interchangable. You can put the TRD RSB on it (only need to buy the Gen 4 Cam/Gen 1 Sol bushing brackets. There is a bunch of different springs available. The tranny Torque Rod works on it. You can do the Supra Rotor upgrade. being a V6 it has rear disc brakes.

engine wise, you can;t really swap anything fromt he 1MZ though. It;s OBD one as well, unlike the 1MZ.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Chinky420 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:49 pm

no speed limiter on the gen 3, right?

i think i remember hearing that somewhere on here (maybe highest speed thread).

.....?
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ASG14 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:52 pm

I know of at least 4 Gen 3 V6's that (Both 1MZ and 3VZ) that have pegged the speedo around 140mph. No limiter
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Yeah its the 3VZFE which is essentially the same block as the 1MZ with different heads, and a similar intake setup with a different maf. It does have a distributor style ignition system, with 6 wires and I believe the transmission is the same, maybe an earlier version A54E? Not sure on that exactly. I repaired a head gasket on a 3VZ a couple of months ago.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Toy1mzfe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Im in the same boat. My girlfriend just got a 92 xle v6 with the vz-fe.

Does tein stechs from the solara transfer over to the 92? And if anyone have pics? ( i know milt does)
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby lilm » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 pm

read some of the old mr2 forums there are many who like the 3vz engine better than our 1mz. i remeber just doing a few cheap mod they were getting 20-30 hp gains. ill try and pull up the info i have and post it up here for you when i get home
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TMMK Toy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:14 pm

I dont know what you ended up doing Dat, as this thread is old but I wanted to clairfy the 3vz is not a 1mz with different heads. It's a totally different block. Iron and weighs a bit more, but also more robust with stronger internals. And yes, you can get easy hp with it for little money, and supposedly the power band is stronger in the low end than the 1mz. I still prefer a 1mz with its lighter weight and ease of supercharger installation, but the 3vz aint nothing to sneeze at either.
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:30 pm

TMMK Toy wrote:I dont know what you ended up doing Dat, as this thread is old but I wanted to clairfy the 3vz is not a 1mz with different heads. It's a totally different block. Iron and weighs a bit more, but also more robust with stronger internals. And yes, you can get easy hp with it for little money, and supposedly the power band is stronger in the low end than the 1mz. I still prefer a 1mz with its lighter weight and ease of supercharger installation, but the 3vz aint nothing to sneeze at either.

Thanks guys. I forgot all about this thread. Yes I sold my civic and brought this car. I LOVE IT (even for automatic) Great daily. For a 93 model it only has 95K miles on it. All stock and passed inspection without even having to try. I think the limited particle was 800 something. I only put out 14 hahaha. I am not going to mod the car nor anything at this point but later on maybe just drop with wheels and a system and call it a day.

I am definitely not use to hearing a hydro fan setup. Keeps making me think there's a leak when it spools up.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry