[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2007 SE - HIDs installed, Radio Question
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

2007 SE - HIDs installed, Radio Question

2007 SE - HIDs installed, Radio Question

Postby chrono807 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:24 am

Well everyone, I finally went ahead and ordered a couple of VVME HID kits from MyDepots (now ManyADeal). I decided to go with a 6000k 35W kit for the low beams and a 3000k 35W kit for the foglights (which I only turn on when I need them anyway). High beams are still halogens - the stock high beams in the '07 are pretty impressive anyway.

I used a MyDepots relay harness for the install and it was quick and painless. The relay harness had a couple of connectors that you tape directly into the driver's side headlight socket. Power and ground connections on the battery, then connectors for both ballasts, and you're just about set. The bulbs themselves had pass-through connectors for the stock headlight connectors. I cut off the extra wires from the bulbs (they weren't attached directly, just passed through the rubber seal).

All I can say is wow. Much brighter light, easier on my eyes due to the more natural color. I haven't gotten the old high-beam flash even once, and no attention from the police whatsoever. (I actually discovered the other day that these lights APPEAR to the naked eye to be the exact same color as the factory HIDs on a Sienna - I say APPEAR because I know ALL factory HIDs are in the 4300k range and any color is just a trick of the housing).

The cutoff is just as sharp as the factory halogens.

I can post pictures if anyone wants to see, but I figured there are enough HID threads as it is. My main question now is that I've heard rumors that, since our non-JBL units are built by Fujitsu Ten, we can pull out the factory radio, replace it with an Eclipse, and not have to use a special interface for the steering wheel controls. True or false? I know that no matter what, you'll never get away from using a wiring harness for the deck itself. I'd also be interested to know if you'd be able to use the stock aux input with the Eclipse.
chrono807
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry