[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question about Brakes
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Question about Brakes

Question about Brakes

Postby JamesT » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:15 pm

So I replaced my pads and rotors as I was hearing a strange sound from the driver's side (my first thought was brake drag), and discovered that the outer driver's side pad was worn far more than the inner pad. Could this be due to the fact that the Midas that changed my pads a few years ago didn't install clip on the bottom of the outer pad? Or that the "V" shaped metal pin things weren't installed?

I'm really hoping I don't have to replace the caliper.
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT
Shift Boot Master Crafter

Postby Eye8Pussies » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 pm

no, that shouldn't create such a big difference

chances are that either a slider is seized or operating not very well, or the caliper piston itself is seized or not working very well.
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JamesT » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:10 am

Damn...

Well, I suppose it's a good thing I was planning on replacing the pins today.
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT

Return to Toyota Camry