[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - RIP solara
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

RIP solara

RIP solara

Postby rewmomi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 am

:cry:
So i was on the side on I95 to the shoulder have some problems with my rims and my caution lights are on. I was just about to get out of the car when i noticed a car in my rear view mirror from the distance when i looked closer it was a van coming at me at highway speed and BAM!! right into my trunk so now my ass has gotta go to the doctors and to physical therapy for like a few more weeks. Oh and my car is totaled, but im glad to be alive with an accident like that one. But all my hard work is now rubbish in some impound lot. so im gonna part it out like crazy today and thats it.
rewmomi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby QuickSEV6 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:59 am

That kills me to hear a story like that. Thats terrible and you have my sympathies.

Last year, I was stopped in traffic. A real a-hole drives down on the shoulder at full speed. He hits guard rail and bouces back into the car just in front of me. If I would have been just 6 feet further ahead, my car would have been totalled. I guess I really dodged a bullet.

So any ideas on whats next? Another Solara or are you going to downgrade to something else?
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby TLMNICK » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:11 am

Sorry to hear about this. Glad you'll be ok though....It's just rediculous how STUPID some drivers are....they should have their licence taken away before they kill someone.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stereopaul511 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:15 am

Sorry to hear that. Was this person intoxicated? I hope the therapy goes well, and that you stay in the Solara family.
"Please take good care of that Solara, Pap-pa.
She's MINE when I turn 16!"
stereopaul511
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby rewmomi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:57 am

I really want to stay in the solara family but i think im gonna DOWNGRADE to an r33 or r34 if i can find it lol. who know if my settlement brings me money than i may just buy a gen 1.5 this time around but its hard to find one with low mileage these days lol
rewmomi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 am

Wow.. Sorry to hear that. Buy a gen1.5! on another note:I hope you are pressing charges.. sue their @ss!!!
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 am

dam that really sucks. I hope everything works out and you're ok
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby JamesT » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Sorry to hear about that - at least you're ok.
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT
Shift Boot Master Crafter
Shift Boot Master Crafter

Postby ChrissyD123 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:54 pm

:( I'd take a bullet for my Lara. That's good you're alright
</SolaraGirl>
{15inch JL sub w/ 1000 JL Watt Amp.... Stock engine, but clean Lara}
ChrissyD123
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SdeA » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad that you're ok.
SdeA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Holy Fuuuuu, glad you're alive man!!! :o

You all will be amazed how many people rear-end/side-swipe a shoulder parked state trooper with their lights flashing. So if you take into account how many cops have been hit, imagine how many of us regular folks get creamed by some ass who's not paying attention. Excuse my language but these drivers are nothing more than c*mshots that should have been swallowed, let alone NOT given keys to a car.

Just a sampling of the Ohio idiots that roam the freeways (rewmomi, don't watch):
http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/AV/WestCarrollton340.wmv <--driver needs lethal injection
http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/AV/Daviscrash340.wmv <--driver needs to get jackbooted
http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/AV/P70%20tpr%20struck%20340.wmv <--truckers aren't any better and more lethal
http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/AV/Crash4-6-07.wmv <--trooper urged the ticketee to get behind the guardrail with him, didn't listen

....and as most of us know you don't even have to be on the freeway to meet frikken dumbasses.....

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/AV/FoldenRoecrash340.wmv <--no comment

So I'm not much of a religious person but I AM a God-fearin' man who'll pray for your speedy recovery rewmomi. Oh yeah--sue dat byotch haaaard!!!

Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:54 pm

my goodness. sucks that a car that you've spent so much time, sweat, and money on is totaled. more than just a car...

get well soon, man.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby rewmomi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:42 pm

thanks guys im parting it out tommorow so ill give u an update and thanks again she was more than a car to me she was my art sucks too c her go but hey im ok thats wat matters
rewmomi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Pogs » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:36 am

wow... so he was most likely going in excess of 60. You are lucky and I am sorry for the accident. I hope this doesnt cause any long term injurys. I hope an eye for an eye comes out of this.
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jbracefan1977 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:56 pm

that was bad. get well soon. and I second the notion of getting a lawyer and sue their ass off.
jbracefan1977
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Toyota Camry