[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Operation: Get it done by Elmhurst
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Operation: Get it done by Elmhurst

Postby D-money » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Holy crap!!! you sure got your hands full
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby unbalancedwood » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:50 pm

....and i thought doing a wire tuck on a 90s Honda would be bad...

GOOD LUCK!
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ilovemylara » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:07 pm

That looks like fun haha Hey, now that your fuse box is out of the way, move the battery to the trunk and slap in a snail!
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JamesT » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Ilovemylara wrote:That looks like fun haha Hey, now that your fuse box is out of the way, move the battery to the trunk and slap in a snail!

Oh, it's a blast...

I'm definately moving the battery to the trunk. The snail, I'd love to do but I lack the funds.
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT
Shift Boot Master Crafter

Postby akora12 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:35 pm

Holy shnikes James, that's some serious work! I assume you've got another DD to get you around while your car is up on jackstands?

The steering wheel is badass. I'll hire you to redo mine once it finally goes instead of paying $800 for a new one. The SAFC mount looks like it will be slick as well.
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JamesT » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:12 pm

akora12 wrote:Holy shnikes James, that's some serious work! I assume you've got another DD to get you around while your car is up on jackstands?

The steering wheel is badass. I'll hire you to redo mine once it finally goes instead of paying $800 for a new one. The SAFC mount looks like it will be slick as well.

Since I work at home it isn't too bad. When I need a car I have my brother's Camry.

I'd be happy to do your wheel for you!

I'm pleased with the SAFC mount as well, I'm considering putting two gauge pods in the space beneath it.
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT

Postby JamesT » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:32 pm

I did a bit more work today.

Here is the new hole which I will route all the wires that go ontop of the engine (fuel injectors, etc...)

It looks so clean over here now...

The front driver's side (almost finished). I cleaned up all the wiring for the headlights and everything that routes around the front of the car.

A huge pile of stuff I pulled out of the car.
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT

Postby TxBmbleBee » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:59 pm

damn dude the engine bay looks so clean now, really impressed with your work on that steering wheel too. looking forward to seeing the safc mount when its done! keep up the sick work
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JamesT » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:03 pm

TxBmbleBee wrote:damn dude the engine bay looks so clean now, really impressed with your work on that steering wheel too. looking forward to seeing the safc mount when its done! keep up the sick work

Thanks! I'm a perfectionist when it comes to fabricating and such. I think that will be my biggest issue in regards to getting this project done by the time Elmhurst roles around. I can forsee myself pulling the entire dash out the night before because some spot isn't %200 perfect.
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT

Postby JamesT » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:40 am

Alright, I'll ahve some more updated photos later today however, I do have a question for you guys.

Should I delete my A/C? I want to keep the heat and blower functioning but delete the A/C compressor and all the related lines.

I figure since I am going through al this work to make a clean engine bay, it would be the next logical step.

Anyone have any input?
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT

Postby akora12 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 am

^What about having a/c in the summer? That may not be a priority since we're already half way through summer and I've yet to turn on my a/c.

I also use the compressor to clear the windows on rainy or cold days since normal air doesn't do the trick.
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JamesT » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm still torn on the A/C idea...

I need to upload some new photos but I have changed where I want the battery and fuse boxes to be (they are now going to be in the spare tire well). I've been working on a fiberglass enclosure for everything in the trunk to give it a clean OEM-esque appearance.

I also cut off the old battery mount in the engine bay - it looks so much cleaner without it there.

The wire tuck is almost finished, I'm just waiting on new 8 gauge wire to replace the old wiring as it was too short and it's a pain to solder such a large gauge.
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:59 pm

i would say keep it. you know our weather out here in chicago and sometimes if the windows get too fogged up in spring or wayy too hot what are u going to do? Since its a DD i say keep it.. Also we gotta have some fun with my avalon soon =] how much did ur battery relocate cost ya? My car is gonna need some work real soon idk where to start though
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TxBmbleBee » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:20 pm

yea i am a perfectionist too, i hear ya on that, hence why the swap is not done yet...and im being lazy haha
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JamesT » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Alright, I finally managed to get a few photos:

The wiring harness has been divided into three separate groups - Driver's side, Passenger side and center - based on where the sensors are located throughout the engine bay.

Driver's side wiring harness:

Passenger's side wiring harness:

No more battery tray! Soon it will all be smooth and painted. also, notice my great sanding block...

You can barely see the grommet for the center wiring harness:

The interior as it stands now:

I've been able to do a little bit more work on my new center console. I wanted to continue the grooves on either side of the shifter.

Uh oh....
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Camry