[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Battery Problem
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Battery Problem

Battery Problem

Postby RON » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm

I had an Interstate *MegaTron* (85 Month rated) suddenly let go after 4 1/2 yrs. Ok..not bad, but I've never had a battery suddenly *go flat dead* on me without warning (dim lights..hard starts..etc). Charging system is fine and no *charge warning light* (battery dummy light) came on prior! Anyone else experience this? What about life expectancy for you guys? I was expecting at least 5 years with this one, since I drive in a moderate climate (So Cal). All inputs welcome.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 pm

I have an Optima Red Top.
Ive never had a problem with it at all.

Do you have a system???
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:48 pm

seems that after the skate board run in, your car is having some issues......................... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby RON » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 pm

jetbtkng wrote:seems that after the skate board run in, your car is having some issues......................... :drinking:

Yeah...the car died in the BODY SHOP!
All is well now though, but I can't get in touch with the kid's parents to pay for damages. Had initial talk with dad..e mailed pics to him..then DEAD SILENCE! :x . Knew the body shop owner...new fender/fender liner and paint job (with new pin stipes on both sides)>>>$540 out the door. :D
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RON » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:50 pm

LEE337 wrote:I have an Optima Red Top.
Ive never had a problem with it at all.

Do you have a system???

No special systems. BTW...check this battery out vs the Optima Red>>>
and look at that WARRANTY! This is for the Camry as well. Pricy though.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02850034000P#descriptionAnchor

...a wound up putting in the Interstate Megatron Plus MTP 24....again.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry