[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Cracked windshield
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Cracked windshield

Cracked windshield

Postby RON » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:19 am

Dang...one VERY small rock (pinhead size) hit the very upper edge and caused a 12" thin crack! Anyway..decided to replace rather than repair. I was surprised to see how prices have really come down over the years. Had an aftermarket windshield installed at my office $193 out the door..including the seal. The brand was Fuyao (*FY*)..yeah Chinese! I did my DD and this company does QUALITY stuff. Perfect fit and DOT, etc. The most important thing that people don't consider is the INSTALLER's technique and experience. My guy was thorough..took him 1.5 Hrs plus. Guess I got lucky, since I didn't know JACK about windshields at the time.
Anyway, should someone here have to replace....get a reputable installer and *Chinese* stuff..especially *FY* is OK...as good or better than OEM or good 'ol PPG.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jimmm » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:07 am

Good information, Ron. Thanks for sharing. jimmm
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Skew » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:12 am

Sorry to hear it man. Thanks for the info.
| 99 SLE V6 | TRD AB Exhaust | Vinyl Matte Black Roof | Custom Mesh Grill | 20% Tint |
Skew
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry