[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Oil Filter Wrench
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Oil Filter Wrench

Oil Filter Wrench

Postby RON » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Just got this....works nice in tight places like our car and is adjustable to fit filters that may have slightly different sizing and flutes. I don't like filter caps, unless you can get one with a *perfect* fit (Toyota). That's because you can get it stuck on top of the filter..no biggie..just a pain. You can't tighten the filter with this, but you're>>>>>>>>>>NOT SUPPOSED TO TIGHTEN WITH A WRENCH :o

Link:
http://www.brandsport.com/ctam-2506.html

Last edited by RON on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:55 pm

yeep works well i have it too.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby alltrac92 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm

I use this it has 4 contact points and you can use a 3/8 square drive or 7/8 open combination wrench for the tight spots.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:49 pm

i just use a 24'' screwdriver for filters that don't want to come out.

for all other times it's this :

the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 pm

I've used all of those at one time or another....I still prefer the caps.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 pm

99BlackSandv6 wrote:I've used all of those at one time or another....I still prefer the caps.

Is it just me...or is it tighter than S$$T in there? I don't see much wiggle room in the V6 with the filter just below the headers. No problem if you just have to do it by hand (tighten)..but if you have to use something to take it OFF, then any kind of wrench with a handle will be tight indeed. That's why a cap or top grabber (like I posted here) is desireable. Even then, it's tight using a ratchet.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry