[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - cp-e install gen 4.5 camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

cp-e install gen 4.5 camry

cp-e install gen 4.5 camry

Postby cj145 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:46 pm

I am trying to install my cp-e intake on my gen 4.5 camry (2000 1mz) and I have run into bit of a snag. For the wiring into the ecu the top connector (E7) the manual says to attach to the red wire with the grey stripe on pin 16. However the entire connector has no red wire with a grey stripe. What is in pin 16 is a black wire with a yellow stripe. The other connectors all map just fine, it's just E7 that is giving me an issue.

Any help finding the right wire would be great, thanks!
cj145
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby corlon » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:41 pm

looked up pin 16 in plug e7 and its listed a red battery + wire for the solara v6 se/sle. for the 01 camry it listed a blk/yel wire also battery +. i would say its just fine to connect to the blk/yel. the pin location is battery + for either car.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cj145 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

I completely forgot that I had the wiring diagrams for my car. I looked it up and you are right, pin 16 of plug e7 is bat + and it even shows as black/yellow.

Thanks!
cj145
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: cp-e install gen 4.5 camry

Postby wyckd » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:51 pm

i was wondering....the installation instructions show a connector 9.

yet, in my 2000 camry, the connector 9 is empty! anyone know why?

also, while i have all this stuff open...any ideas which wire i can tap for compass/temp rearview?
FS:
255/40/R18 Turanza ER33 ($60 shipped)
Lexus IS250 18.5" Silver Rims, non staggered ($450 + shipping)
Lowering Springs: Eibach (Rear only)
wyckd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wyckd » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:08 pm

so i bought a used CP-e for Gen1 Solara, now trying to install it into my Gen4.5 Camry...

ran into some problems. i 3M ScotchLok all the necessary wires as instructed in the manual.

however, on the last step...one wire from the ECU wire harness needs to be cut, crimped, and tapped twice. i only skotchlok'd it....i have no idea what the instruction is talking about, actually, and i'm confused.

Locate pin # 10 of connector E10, it is a pink wire. This connection is a little different. Cut the wire about 3 to 4
inches away from the factory ECU connector. Then crimp two white end caps to each cut end in order to prevent a
short. Next attach one red 3M ScotchlokTM to each side of the cut wire.

what are these "two white end caps"? i don't have any of the original supplied parts...why are these white caps necessary?
FS:
255/40/R18 Turanza ER33 ($60 shipped)
Lexus IS250 18.5" Silver Rims, non staggered ($450 + shipping)
Lowering Springs: Eibach (Rear only)
wyckd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:44 pm

If you don't have the white caps just use electrical tape. Just so they can longer touch anything. You must actually cut the wire in half.
You are cutting the main wire for your CP-e to work properly. The connection is in between the computer to the injectors. The CP-e is modifying that signal.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Toyota Camry