[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - front manifold leak video
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

How bad is this leak on a scale of 1 - 4?

1 - My grandparent leaks more!
40%
No votes
No votes
4 - Get a headace while driving much?
60%

Total votes : 5

front manifold leak video

front manifold leak video

Postby SirThomas8 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Well a couple days ago I started smelling a really really strong gas odor in my car and coming from the engine bay so I tried Seafoaming in a vain attempt to diagnose it.

Well, I don't know if I found the problem (and the smell has gone away) but it seems my front manifold is leaking really badly. Before winter I seafoamed and the manifold was leaking but only small tendrils were coming out. Looks like it's gotten a lot worse. Anyone have similar leaks? How does this compare? Car runs fine otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9JrvXdn6c

Good thing I'm putting headers on my car soon!
-SirThomas88 on ToyotaNation.com
www.cardomain.com/id/SirThomas88
SirThomas8
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:47 pm

I would be worried about carbon monoxide poisoning...
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:02 pm

wow...that is pretty bad....

and yes, good timing then, for a new set of headers. When you do get them though, I would recommend you go to the dealership and pick up a new set of metal manifold gaskets before installing your new headers, as the obx headers (if that is what you are getting) comes with paper/fiber gaskets, and I wouldn't want to have to do that job twice...
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SirThomas8 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah so long as I don't pass out while driving lol. I don't mind loosing a few more brain cells, I make it a habit to loose those anyways on the weekends.

I did pick up a pair of metal head gaskets from a local shop so I'm set there. The dude I got my headers from didn't have the gaskets anyways. Thanks for though if it did have the paper ones I probably wouldn't have bothered.
-SirThomas88 on ToyotaNation.com
www.cardomain.com/id/SirThomas88
SirThomas8
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry