[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - some tire size confusion
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

some tire size confusion

some tire size confusion

Postby NXRACER » Mon May 03, 2010 6:01 pm

this is NOT about whether it will fit... i use the calculators from the gen1 aftermarket stick on fitment & both of these are similar.

after seeing bbq bob's gen4 camry @ willow ive concluded that the Falken Azenis 615k is ideal for me, after searching my fav tire shop's page i found it has 2 that will fit my gen3 well w/o the "engine leech effect"
the 195/60R14 speed rating "T" (130mph) & 205/50R15 rating "Z"(149mph)

i to get only expect a max of 140tq from this 5sfe & use it on streets of willow & some canyons like GMR.. will the Z speed rating be worth the extra $ if i never expect to actually hit either of them in the 1st place?
also being so far apart from the supposed 3% "safe for brakes" rule do i face any real problem if my overall diameter is smaller -isnt it actually better than getting 17s & higher mass, shouldnt the brakes & suspension actually work better due to less mass? I think it should if the car accelerates faster (like having shorter ratios).....
-'92 Camry Base, MT, 5S-FE--- mostly stock sofar
NXRACER
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry