[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 5speed swap CELs
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

5speed swap CELs

5speed swap CELs

Postby HammeredRacoon » Wed May 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Hey.
About a year back I finished my 5 speed swap, and have just left the codes be. I bought a 5 speed ecu(the junkyard said it was from a stick shift v6 99 camry, and the part number is the same as the one toyota told me to get) and it still throws the solenoid/planetary gear codes. My plates expired a little over a year ago, which wasn't a big deal because it's not my daily driver. I don't have the Pn handy of the one in the car, but I can get it if need be(car is half an hour away chillin in my friends shop)

The problem: I am moving soon, and need to get it plated. Back in the day my Toyota tech friend suggested that I might need the 5 speed harness. I always disagreed, mainly because it's 400 bucks that I don't have and it has to come from Japan.

My question is have any 4th gen or solara 1mz guys done the 5 speed swap, and if you got the correct ECU(and it cleared the codes) what part number is it(non immobilizer)? Did you have to change anything on the harness?

Or

Can any 1mz 1st gen solara/4th gen camrys that came stick and without an immobilizer post the PN of their ecu?

As of right now, i'm planning on just doing the resistor fix. I know it will work for the solenoids. But i'm not sure about that other weirdo planetary gear code. I would much rather just get the right ECU and be done with it.

Thanks.
HammeredRacoon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bbq bob » Wed May 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Talk to GregTRD . he might be able to help you out . He did my swap with a doner car .
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TxBmbleBee » Wed May 05, 2010 8:50 pm

just getting an ecu might not solve all your problems bro...its the harness too. At least I think but Im no expert.
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HammeredRacoon » Thu May 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Right, I understand that it might be. I said that in the original post. I need someone who has done the swap and knows what they needed to do. Thanks for taking the time to post, though.

Bob, I Pm'd your friend. Thanks.
HammeredRacoon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 5speed swap CELs

Postby lemegacool » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 pm

bump?

just did the 5 speed swap and i get the "E shift solenoid" code and park neutral sw code (witch is probably due to the fact that the wires are twisted together till i get the time to hook them up to the clutch start switch...

anybody knows what the hell to do about the "E shift solenoid" code?

thanks!
1994 camry v6 5 speed swapped
custom m90 blower in progress
cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3872430
lemegacool
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HammeredRacoon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 pm

I ended up buying the 5 speed engine harness from Toyota. Got rid of my auto tranny CELs but the car wouldn't start with it. I believe I would need the 5 speed body harness as well. Rather than dicking with that, I just rigged up a start switch.

I don't know what to tell you for the 3rd gen.. Iv heard of the resistor box working and not working. Seems like a total pain in the ass. I also heard someone had luck with taking the old solenoids out of the auto trans, plugging them in under the hood and grounding them all to the chassis.

If you haven't figured it out yet, good luck!
HammeredRacoon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gregtrd » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm

^^^^^^^
I have all the harness for the 5 speed swap, call me if you're interested ask for top tech, top notch tech, out performing your local Toyota dealer, straight out of Socal. By the way did see my dyno chart 352.7wtq and 322whp, The fastest s/c Camry :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :lol: :lol:
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby lemegacool » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:18 pm

i readed on another forum about someone who plugged back the solenoids back and it cleared the cels!

i have a 15ohm resistor box and the only codes i throw are the ''E'' shift solenoid malfunction, this is the torque converter lockup solenoid and i also throw PNP switch malfunction, witch is due, imo, to the p/n sw wires being permanently twisted together, will hook them up to the clutch start switch once i got the time!

once the weather gets warmer i'll go in the shed pull the torque converter lockup solenoid and i'll throw it back in the car! will let you know if it works!
lemegacool
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Eye8Pussies » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:58 am

^ strange that you get the p/n switch code. keeping them together should make it work and also throw no codes.

as for the e-solenoid code...if anybody can figure it out, let me know....I've lived with it for the past 5 years now after my swap back in the day lol. damn gen3s
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby lemegacool » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Eye8Pussies wrote:^ strange that you get the p/n switch code. keeping them together should make it work and also throw no codes.

as for the e-solenoid code...if anybody can figure it out, let me know....I've lived with it for the past 5 years now after my swap back in the day lol. damn gen3s

i will try as soon as possible to hook up the e shift solenoid back in the car to see if it works!
my guess on the p/n sw code it that the ecu gets freaked out to see the vehicle move in neutral/park lol... i think that properly wiring the clutch start switch will solve this problem... as in the electrical diagrams the clutch start switch is simply in parralel with the park neutra sw input.
lemegacool
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Eye8Pussies wrote:^ strange that you get the p/n switch code. keeping them together should make it work and also throw no codes.

its a trade secret on pnp switch code, and any code that you might get when doing the 5 speed swap using auto harness. :think: :bleep2: :drinking:
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Toyota Camry