[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Circuit Board LED dome light??
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Circuit Board LED dome light??

Circuit Board LED dome light??

Postby Camman » Sat May 08, 2010 1:06 pm

so i bought a LED dome light about a year ago and now i want something a lot brighter. my current led is just as bright if not darker than the oem halogen. So ive been looking at the circuit board leds. so my question is will they fit in the dome light??

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/Camper-RV-LED/White-LED/V-LEDS-HID-5K-WHITE-48-p7381012-1-3.html

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/DomeMap-LED/White-LED/V-LEDS-HID-WHITE-30-M-p5168718-1-3.html

of course ill make sure to get the DE3175 adapter because im pretty sure the 3175 one is too long if im correct

lmk thanks
97 Camry... sitting lower now
17"Enkei DM5, Tokico/GC, TRD RSB, Borla Muffler, Tint: 30% front, 5% rear, Mod-Express H4 H/L 6k
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SirThomas88 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:03 pm

They give the dimensions for the boards on the pages. You could measure the dome light in your car and compare the two. Should give you a pretty good idea.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Camman » Sun May 09, 2010 12:16 am

its not really the dimensions its the thickness of the circuit board is what im worried about
17"Enkei DM5, Tokico/GC, TRD RSB, Borla Muffler, Tint: 30% front, 5% rear, Mod-Express H4 H/L 6k
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:26 am

In my Solara (probably the same dome light) It won't quite
clear 5mm. I had an LED board in there and had to force the
cover on, it tweaked the board--so the lights didn't always work
because the circuits were damaged.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Camman » Sun May 09, 2010 9:47 pm

well i found this

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Cour ... 4-1-3.html

i think it'll fit up where the bulb goes so i have more room height wise to work with
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SirThomas88 » Sun May 09, 2010 10:13 pm

SirThomas88 wrote:They give the dimensions for the boards on the pages. You could measure the dome light in your car and compare the two. Should give you a pretty good idea.

Thickness is a dimension. But now that I look again it seems they don't give that one on the page. You could try contacting the company and getting that info from them. Hopefully they'd be happy to provide it.

I haven't taken a look inside the dome light but there might be parts on the inside of it you could remove or cut/sand away (or even on the LED board) to make for more room.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Camman » Mon May 10, 2010 2:51 pm

well the tiny one im looking at now should fit with no problems. its dimensions said 16mm by 16mm and the hole where the bulb goes was bigger so it should just tuck right in there.

it's supposedly brighter than the 30led and slightly darker than the 48led. so i think ill get it and try it out once it's back in stock.
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Camman » Wed May 12, 2010 6:47 pm

now im looking at this

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Cour ... 1-1-3.html

supposedly brighter than 48led circuit board

looks like its diameter is 16mm. i sent an email and he said 3/4in i dont have a tape measures but is that the same as 16mm then i think it should fit in the little opening for the light

so i think i might get that. gotta ask to see what they can do for me if it doesnt end up fitting. hopefully i can just trade for something else
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry