[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Lost Master key for Camery 07
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Lost Master key for Camery 07

Lost Master key for Camery 07

Postby jsu07wo » Thu May 27, 2010 9:26 am

I just purchased camery'07 from used car dealers. Unfortunately I got only valet parking key. When I call my local Toyota Dealer to find out cost of replacement keys( smart key) and I fell off my chair when he told me that since I do not have master key, they have to flesh computer and reset and program new keys . This will cost of 446(plus tax) for one key!!!!!!
Does anyone can help or suggest any alternative to this 446$?

thanks you in advance.
jsu07wo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Lost Master key for Camery 07

Postby wyckd » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:26 pm

you're given 2 master keys when you buy a car.... you lost BOTH?

(i have a 2000 camry, one of my master key doesn't look like the other. i saw my aunt's 09 camry master keys, they both look the same)

anyway, buy the key online: 1sttoyotaparts.com/oemcatalog
it's the cheapest OEM toyota retailer i've seen anywhere. very, very low markup. (it's an actual dealership in Washington)

get the key from them, it'll save you some money, then call every dealership in your area and ask them what it'll cost you to recreate a master key. honestly, from my experience, they don't have to reset anything, they just look for some key code that belongs to your car and can create a new key with that. i'm guessing the key cutting thing can be automated to reproduce keys without a blueprint or a spare.

anyway, https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/oempartscat.html
use the contact form. looking for your own parts through the catalog is a pain. provide vin number. "smart key" is a plain key that has no buttons ($40). if you want the lock/unlock buttons, ask for the "keyless entry key" ($160). either one can be cut into a master, but they all MUST be programmed at the dealership, there is no way around this. i've already scoured the internet looking for a DIY method. there isn't any.

most dealerships do not charge to cut the key, but they all charge different labor fees for the programming. so call around.
FS:
255/40/R18 Turanza ER33 ($60 shipped)
Lexus IS250 18.5" Silver Rims, non staggered ($450 + shipping)
Lowering Springs: Eibach (Rear only)
wyckd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Lost Master key for Camery 07

Postby razorbackdave » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:52 am

When I bought my 07 it only had one master key. I called several locksmiths in the phone book and most of them couldn't do anything with it but I found one that had the technology to deal with it. They charged me $75 for a blank, cutting and programming of the new master key. As far as I can tell it works just like the original master key. Maybe you can find one that can handle creating a master from scratch.
David
razorbackdave
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry