[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Updates on my 2001 Camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Updates on my 2001 Camry

Updates on my 2001 Camry

Postby twinjetguy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Hey guys,

Been doing quite a bit of stuff to the car recently, figured I would share the updates with you all. My car is a 2001 Camry Gallery Edition. Fully loaded with everything including traction control, moon roof, and damn near every other option EXCEPT for leather. Wish I had it! The car Currently has 36,400 miles on it as of yesterday. Here is a list of the mods that I have already done to it:

TRD Supercharger w/stock pullly
Injen Intake
Jet Performance Throttle Body Spacer
Magnecore plug wires
E3 Diamond Fire plugs
Fuel line/filter mod
Cat Back exhaust w/Magnaflow Muffler
TRD Oil Fill Cap
TRD Radiator Cap
TRD Strut Tie Bar
Whiteline F&R sway bars
Stop Tech F&R cross drilled/vented rotors
Ceramic brake pads
18x7.5 Kyowa Wheels
Yokohama Tires
In Dash Navigation, DVD, MP3, Ipod, blah blah blah.

Here is a list of the most recent mods that I have done to it:

TRD Springs
TRD Struts
NST Engineering lightened crankshaft pully
TRD Boost Gauge (plumbed into the throttle body spacer)
Autometer Solar single gauge pod modified for the Camry

I have to say, the struts and springs are a night and day difference! Of course the ride is a bit stiffer, but around town it really isn't that bad. The handling is insane for a 4 door passenger car. Taking huge sweepers at 90-100 mph the thing is rock solid. I was surprised at the difference the NST lightened crank pulley made. Throttle response and acceleration difference is very noticeable. I highly recommend these mods.

A HUGE thanks to Gabe and Greg for all the help! Couldn't have done any of this without their help. Greg really knows his stuff and is a hell of a funny guy too. If you are in the So Cal area and need help with installs or need info, he is definitely the guy to talk to. We even timed it, and he can swap out a front strut mount in 11 minutes and that includes closing the hood. Gabe of course you all know is THE source for cool parts. Thanks a lot guys, can't thank you enough for all the help. Will post up some pictures soon. I also came up with a few new names for the car now, instead of the "Gallery Series", it is now the "TRD Gallery Series". The other two names are still "The Gentleman's Sport Sedan" and "Japanese European Touring Car".

Next on the list of things to do:

Upgrade front brakes more, already have a lot of parts
Upgrade to 6lbs boost, already have the pulley, just need the injectors, fuel pump, and SAFC
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a alcohol enthusiast!
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Updates on my 2001 Camry

Postby twinjetguy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Posted pics in the Pics / Video section
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a alcohol enthusiast!
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry