[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Suspension
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Suspension

Suspension

Postby fckyourcrew » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Whats up fellas, i have an 04' Camry. I guess the mod bug bit me cause i want to start modifying it.
First step is suspension, i wanna stay on budget and the coilovers for the camry are rediculously priced.
So i'm thinking of getting springs, which i don't mind. What do you guys prefer and which one's will get me tire tuck on 18's... if possible?

Thanks fellas
fckyourcrew
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Suspension

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm

tire tuck with only springs? good luck. and welcome to the boards.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:41 am

the only way you will get some tuck is with coilovers, no way you will get that with just springs
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Toy1mzfe » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:51 pm

i think i seen a couple of you camry fellas run tein s-tech for the i4 model. That seem to have the best ride and drop.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby fckyourcrew » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 pm

I've seen partial tire tuck on cut springs, so yeah...
fckyourcrew
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby twinjetguy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:08 pm

fckyourcrew wrote:I've seen partial tire tuck on cut springs, so yeah...

Well you can cut your stock springs and get them to tuck, but that is CUTTING them! Isn't that what old school low riders did when they couldn't afford anything? I myself would never cut springs but to each their own.

:rofl:
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a alcohol enthusiast!
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Toy1mzfe » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:46 pm

Well when ur talking about cut springs, its a different story.

Ive heard stories in which they worked fine with good paired up shocks and also stories where the springs slipped off the perches.

I think as long as you don't cut too much of the lowering springs u are okay. People cut a coil or coil and a half and its fine but its still risky to do.

Thats just what i have heard from people all over the web. I actually is thinking about taking a coil off my fronts but still thinking about it.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Camman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:29 am

well the only problem i see with cutting springs is with our spring design its very dangerous because the spring could slip off the perch causing a huge mess. but when you have a spring the springs that are equal width from top to bottom you'd be fine with cutting them but your ride quality will suck ass and you'll blow your shocks within months if not weeks.

so i suggest save for coilovers if you want to tuck. i was in the same exact position you were in when i first started. i wanted to lower and didnt have patience so i got lowering springs. couple years later i dumped another 400 into ground control springs and i still cant tuck so overall with the money i spent i could have gotten a nice set of coilovers and would have been tucking like i always wanted.

so my suggestion is save that money and go for a set of coilovers you'll be much happier with the results you get
97 Camry... sitting lower now
17"Enkei DM5, Tokico/GC, TRD RSB, Borla Muffler, Tint: 30% front, 5% rear, Mod-Express H4 H/L 6k
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry