[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1MZFE Emission HC is at limit of 54 Suggestions?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

1MZFE Emission HC is at limit of 54 Suggestions?

1MZFE Emission HC is at limit of 54 Suggestions?

Postby 1kdude » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:10 pm

My Gen 4 LE V6 Camry with MT has 140K mi, gets 30 mpg on the freeway but is at the emission limit, other #'s are CO: meas .07, Max 0.5 NO: meas 295, meas 430.
I would like to sell this car soon, are these CA smog #'s a factor? Any suggestions as to how to lower the HC #?

Thanks! :D
1kdude
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: 1MZFE Emission HC is at limit of 54 Suggestions?

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:41 am

Any leaks in the exhaust? Once, mine had an exhaust leak near the o2 sensors and it richened up the a/f. It thought it was running lean and was adding extra fuel to compensate for it. The pipe going to the cooler was broken, most likely caused by a weak/broken rear engine mount.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Toyota Camry