[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - De-badging questions
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

De-badging questions

De-badging questions

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey guys im thinking of de-badging my 2000 camry LE and i was wondering, does the "toyota" and "Camry LE" emblem have holes behind or just the double sided tape? and also, how do you get rid of the color difference once you take them off? i have a white camry and im afraid you will b able to see a huge color difference.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: De-badging questions

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:12 pm

from my understanding they dont the solara emblems dont have them, to take them off i left my car out in the sun for 2 hours and then went in there with dental floss and little by little started to peel off the embelm then you can get some wax and just keep going at it till the color starts to blend.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:22 pm

so i just wax it down really good to get the colors the same?... and yeah i was pretty sure they dont have holes but not 100%

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:03 pm

yup, polishing/waxing would do the job
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:05 pm

searchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:06 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:searchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What?

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dinoxor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:54 pm

lol theres past post about thisssss by using the search function!
but don't forget your goo-gone at your local car part store! to get the remaining sticky stuff off and then wash and then polish and then wax!
yeah! good luck and post some pics ;]
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:47 pm

yeah the noobs are spoiled these days because they don't search before posting up new threads.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby parkc96 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:37 am

sorry didnt think about searching it... it will b awhile until i do it because its still crappy alot where i live but i will post up some pics

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry