[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - '95 1MZ TPS to '97 + 1MZ TPS
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

'95 1MZ TPS to '97 + 1MZ TPS

'95 1MZ TPS to '97 + 1MZ TPS

Postby projektvertx » Wed May 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Hey guys,

Long time lurker on here, I spend most of my time on TN and some of you may recognize me from there (I have the same username). I'd like to put this question out here as well :) I'll quote myself from TN here :lol:

I was putting on a new throttle body yesterday, which is from a '97+ 1MZ, but pre-VVTI 1MZ. Everything connected fine with the exception of the TPS harness (3 prong),which didn't match my stock harness (4 prong. My stock harness is the same shape as the new harness location, however I couldn't plug it in since the prongs didn't match.

To be honest, I didn't even notice until I got to plugging it in, which was the last part of the install. Now, I thought it would be as simple as swapping my original TPS from my original throttle onto my new one, but as it turns out, it seems the mechanisms are different internally as well. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem before?
projektvertx
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: '95 1MZ TPS to '97 + 1MZ TPS

Postby Gregtrd » Wed May 25, 2011 11:38 pm

projektvertx wrote:Hey guys,

Long time lurker on here, I spend most of my time on TN and some of you may recognize me from there (I have the same username). I'd like to put this question out here as well :) I'll quote myself from TN here :lol:

I was putting on a new throttle body yesterday, which is from a '97+ 1MZ, but pre-VVTI 1MZ. Everything connected fine with the exception of the TPS harness (3 prong),which didn't match my stock harness (4 prong. My stock harness is the same shape as the new harness location, however I couldn't plug it in since the prongs didn't match.

To be honest, I didn't even notice until I got to plugging it in, which was the last part of the install. Now, I thought it would be as simple as swapping my original TPS from my original throttle onto my new one, but as it turns out, it seems the mechanisms are different internally as well. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem before?

sure have, not interchangeable without modification, not worth the hassle.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby projektvertx » Thu May 26, 2011 5:02 am

Gregtrd wrote:
sure have, not interchangeable without modification, not worth the hassle.

Thing is, the new throttle body is a larger diameter, so I have an interest in swapping it :lol: What are the modifications required exactly?
projektvertx
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Brandoe91 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:50 pm

talk to Gino (2wickedtoyz) on tn he did the 4 to 3 prong conversion when he did the dual throttle body swap in his gen 3 coupe.
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry