[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 5 coilovers
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Gen 5 coilovers

Gen 5 coilovers

Postby Roysan » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:45 pm

Just took my car in to JIC Racing where they had my car for 2 days of measuring and test fitting their FLTA2 coilovers. I think they said that the rears for a 97-01 Camry Solara fit with small modification to brakeline holder. As for the fronts, JIC had to order from their Japan warehouse a pillowball mount that would work with my vehicle. Hopefully in 2 weeks I can say that there are coilovers now available for the Gen 5 Camry. The process was long... it took 2 months just to finally get the car in for the fitting...but, JIC had very busy schedule. If all fits, production would be in 2 months.
Roysan

gen5 camry coilovers

Postby Roysan » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:40 pm

Finally ! After 6 months from test fit measurements and waiting for parts from Japan, I have the FLTA2 coilovers from JIC Magic on my 2002 Camry. So far no clanking noises. Rides smoother then when I had my stock shocks with TRD/Eibach springs yet reacts quicker. Sad news is that they are debating going into production because they're guessing there's no demand. Any gen5 camry owners with some $ who want coilovers please e-mail me so I could gather info on demand out there.
Roysan

Return to Toyota Camry