[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 5Th Gen 2AZ-FE Dogbone Motor Mount
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

5Th Gen 2AZ-FE Dogbone Motor Mount

5Th Gen 2AZ-FE Dogbone Motor Mount

Postby Solorange » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:39 pm

My buddy has a 02 Camry and I noticed the rubber inside his dogbone motor mount was destroyed. Its contributing to massive vibration when he is at idle. Anyway, is that a common issue that the rubber just breaks apart? I can't even phantom the idea on how that would get damaged.

Secondly, does any body know the purpose of that rectangular bar that is mounted on it? See pic below.

Lastly, Is there a rear dogbone mount on these engines? I didn't see it when looking around his engine bay, but according to Autozone and Oreilly's websites they offer two different styles (front and rear).

Thanks
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: 5Th Gen 2AZ-FE Dogbone Motor Mount

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Not sure if theres a rear dogbone on the 2az's but i doubt it. One of the main reasons that dogbone rubber would break apart is that theres a lot of stress on that mount. Which could highly mean that theres another mount thats out on the car which is causing to the dogbone to go under and extreme amount of force. Have him check his other mounts or replace all of them at once.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby 1gSE » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:22 pm

time, heat, constant movement, eventually it'll breakdown
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Solorange » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks guys. He had the tranny replaced at one point and they put in new mounts that connect to the lower part of the engine.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Camry