[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 17.5 MPG with a 4cyl Camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

17.5 MPG with a 4cyl Camry

Postby Pawel1 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:28 pm

I just checked Edmunds.com and for 96 Camry 4cyl it says 18.5Gal Tank.
I don't know about the tank leaking thing, but I doubt it.

I think the car could use a bigger engine for it's size, that's just my opinion. I guess the highway is where this car shines with a good mpg.

How do you guys like the suspension on this car?
I think it totaly blows, I have owned this car for 2.5years now and every time I take a corner it feels like the car is going to roll over. My dad has a 97 Camry V6 and it is a totaly different car, the suspension is decent, brakes are good. In my case the only positive thing is that it has been trouble free so far.
Pawel1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Turbosolara » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:10 pm

Pawel1 wrote:I just checked Edmunds.com and for 96 Camry 4cyl it says 18.5Gal Tank.

I think the car could use a bigger engine for it's size, that's just my opinion. I guess the highway is where this car shines with a good mpg.

I think it totaly blows, I have owned this car for 2.5years now and every time I take a corner it feels like the car is going to roll over. My dad has a 97 Camry V6 and it is a totaly different car, the suspension is decent, brakes are good. In my case the only positive thing is that it has been trouble free so far.

Because your factory shock is almost dead? get a set of tokico
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby I4 to V6 Swap » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:30 am

When I had my I4, I got close to 17, as low as 13 cause the catalytic converter was getting clogged after 200k plus miles.
I4 to V6 Swap

Postby I4 to V6 Swap » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:45 am

Check your cat. Mine started to get plugged, and I could hear this funny hissing sound.
I4 to V6 Swap

Postby Turbosolara » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:47 am

MAybe you used wrong spark plugs? my turboed 5SFE I4 still have 26 mpg, i had 60k on the motor
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:36 pm

UltraslowSolara wrote:MAybe you used wrong spark plugs? my turboed 5SFE I4 still have 26 mpg, i had 60k on the motor

I have Bosh Platinum Spark Plugs.
Don't see how the spark plugs could cause a problem, I mean if they are gapped properly, and engine runs smooth.
I have to change my driving habits.

Postby khanhdom » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:59 pm

I dont know why I get low gas mileage either....i have a system 2 12s and 18 s, and my dual exhaust on my i-4 I'm sure those things bring it down but not this much....I dont really know why i have bad gas mileage either...and btw my car is new 03 :(
khanhdom
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Sportivo Concepts » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:20 am

khanhdom wrote:I dont know why I get low gas mileage either....i have a system 2 12s and 18 s, and my dual exhaust on my i-4 I'm sure those things bring it down but not this much....I dont really know why i have bad gas mileage either...and btw my car is new 03 :(

Do you have a true dual set-up running off the the front res/Catalytic Converter? If you do you are not creating enough back pressure or making too much.

Try installing a some inserts or a tunable control valve. Or you can go with a Cat-backand then run split it after the muffler depending on what type you have.

If it is just tips, they have inserts that you can use to help tune it for sound and performance.

Also did you ever tune the sensors for the new dual exhaust?

News: Accepting Pics/Articles For New Toy/Lex Scion Mag
Accepting Photo Submissions For New Downloadable toyota Lexus Scion Calendar
Sportivo Concepts
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraT » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:45 am

Guys it is possible to get that low if you’re revving your engine to death. I had a 95 5sfe Camry @ 60k and can remember when I filled up the engine one day and by the end of the day no joke it was just bellow the halfway mark. Just hard city driving is all. Like the guest said, he needs to change his driving habits.
Now fill up your tank, reset the miles and test it with 'normal' driving and then come back and tell us if it’s still happening. If so then there is something obviously wrong. In case you don't know what normal driving is please keep your RPM under 3.5k through the gears. All jokes aside my cousin does not know what normal driving is. To him it’s nothing less then 3.5 + throughout the gears. He is in denial. :drinking:
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby SolaraT » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:50 am

UltraslowSolara wrote:
Pawel1 wrote:I just checked Edmunds.com and for 96 Camry 4cyl it says 18.5Gal Tank.

Because your factory shock is almost dead? get a set of tokico

Get a strut bar also. 8)
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby Solaradude » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:43 pm

my 2000 4 cyl auto solara gets

22.3 mpg

17 gallons and...i go about 400

Steve :evilbat:
I will bankroll your poker career!! visit www.instant-bankroll.com
Solaradude
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bhaktard » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:44 pm

its hard for me to avg over 20 mpg in my 4 cyl. camry .....i do 90% street and 10% freeway
bhaktard
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Toyota Camry