[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara Sport Tech on Camry?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Solara Sport Tech on Camry?

Solara Sport Tech on Camry?

Postby Vampire » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:03 am

Anyone try to put the Tein Sport Tech springs on their Gen4/4.5 Camry? My 02 Solara rides very nice with an even drop and now my wifes car with the TRD springs feel like crap. I am especially interested in the drop. I know the Solara lists a 1.7/1.4 but I did interchange the springs before and it drops the Camry different. I'm just too lazy to switch them out.
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Solara Sport Tech on Camry?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:09 am

Vampire wrote:Anyone try to put the Tein Sport Tech springs on their Gen4/4.5 Camry? My 02 Solara rides very nice with an even drop and now my wifes car with the TRD springs feel like crap. I am especially interested in the drop. I know the Solara lists a 1.7/1.4 but I did interchange the springs before and it drops the Camry different. I'm just too lazy to switch them out.

more of a retorical question. did your wifes car get new struts with her TRD springs?

Postby Vampire » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:23 pm

My wifes car has had the Tokico/TRD setup for 2 1/2 years. I don't particularly care for progressive rate springs.

Anonymous wrote:
Vampire wrote:Anyone try to put the Tein Sport Tech springs on their Gen4/4.5 Camry? My 02 Solara rides very nice with an even drop and now my wifes car with the TRD springs feel like crap. I am especially interested in the drop. I know the Solara lists a 1.7/1.4 but I did interchange the springs before and it drops the Camry different. I'm just too lazy to switch them out.

more of a retorical question. did your wifes car get new struts with her TRD springs?
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Kocho » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:36 pm

Hey, I have TRD/Tokico on my Gen4 Camry and my wife too complains about too harsh ride. Does your wife have a Camry (sory - could not quite confirm this from your post)?

When you say "crap" what do you mean? Mine is (1) quite harsh on rough roads/potholes and (2) noisy front mounts (not fixable as far as I'm concerned at this point).

Lastly - what struts do you have on your Solara?
Kocho
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Vampire » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:57 pm

My wife has a 2000 Camry LE V6. It has Tokico blues on there now. When she rode in my 02 Solara she grumbled that my car rides better and you know what, it definetly does. I know the Teins will fit on the Camry but I was too lazy to check the drop. I guess I need to get off my butt and do some frame to ground measurements. eBay has them listed at a good price of about $140/set. When/if I do this I'll post impressions here.

Kocho wrote:

Hey, I have TRD/Tokico on my Gen4 Camry and my wife too complains about too harsh ride. Does your wife have a Camry (sory - could not quite confirm this from your post)?

When you say "crap" what do you mean? Mine is (1) quite harsh on rough roads/potholes and (2) noisy front mounts (not fixable as far as I'm concerned at this point).

Lastly - what struts do you have on your Solara?
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:58 pm

Guys there tones of TSB's on the front passanger strut mont (and plating, and strut assembly). My 4th gen is on its 3rd sets of OEM strutsassemblies...mind u cars only 71K old!

Also: define trd spring setup u have as being crap???
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Vampire » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:39 pm

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I was not talking about the famous front knocking sound. I think all of us are aware of that. I was just commenting on how the Tein/Tokico setup rides much better to me than the TRD/Tokico setup. I really like Tein's use of a constant rate spring vs. the progressive rate spring that TRD/Eibach used. It's probably just me but when the dead coils engage and the stiffer coils are in use on the TRD springs it creates contact noises and handling feel I don't care for. Just my opinion. Just wanted to know if anyone had done it so I could gauge the drop on a Camry since Tein only lists the Solara as the application.

jhbhatia wrote:Guys there tones of TSB's on the front passanger strut mont (and plating, and strut assembly). My 4th gen is on its 3rd sets of OEM strutsassemblies...mind u cars only 71K old!

Also: define trd spring setup u have as being crap???
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry