[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - engine light comes on after fill up
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

engine light comes on after fill up

engine light comes on after fill up

Postby bonargar » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:04 pm

I need help.
After filling my gas tank, my check engine light came on. How do I reset it and what can be the potential problem?

98 camry LE
bonargar
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:12 pm

Assuming this to be bad gas...I'd get as close to empty and then fill her with NAME BRAND gas...and work from there. As far as resetting stuff...just unplug the negative from the batter for 5 minutes and replug to see if it helps...but i think what i suggested first is the thing to do!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby geminimouse » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:28 pm

Wouldn't putting the gas cap improperly make the check engine light come on too?
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby bonargar » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:34 pm

I guess that would cause it. But in this case , the gas cap was put on correctly.
bonargar
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby trdkamuri51o » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:42 am

i would say that it is the gascap throwing the code. like someone else said unplug the negative terminal of the battery, but instead of waiting just press the brake pedal for 5 seconds to drain any power from the ecu to fully reset it.

or go to kragens/pepboys for a code reader.

id bet its a gascap not properly screwed on light (i had the same thing even though it was fine. replaced the gascap and it went away.
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Mole » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:12 am

it might be a bad gas cap as well.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby dan99solara » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:09 am

make sure you put the gas cap on and twist it until it clicks and cant twist anymore. if its not properly tighend it sometimes makes the check engine light come on.
1999 Solara V6 5spd 155k miles
TEIN springs. thats it.
dan99solara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry