[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How to raise a dead power window?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

How to raise a dead power window?

How to raise a dead power window?

Postby Joel » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:58 pm

I need to replace the motor/regulator assembly on my 98 Camry. The window is currenly stuck in the fully down position. I need to unbolt the window from the regulator/motor assembly, and to do that the window must be raised about two inches in order to access the bolts that go through the window.

I have not figured out how to raise the window in order to do this. Is there some way to manually "crank up" the window? So far just trying brute force to move the window has not worked.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Joel
Joel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:34 pm

which window is it?

have you tried to roll it up from the bottom of the window by taking out the panels?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Joel » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:17 am

It is the drivers window. I have the panels off of the door. I have tried to push the window up from the bottom and have also tried to force the gears with a screwdriver without any luck. Is there a way to disegage it from the motor in orger to move it?
Joel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:35 am

hmm. sorry but im limited on window knowledge.

is the motor burned? is there a cable that you can release from the bottom?

i would take it to a auto window repair shop and watch what they do, so i would know how to do it, just in case something like this happens again.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Joel » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:13 pm

This is what the 1997-2001 Camry uses to lift the window. There are no cables. The window bolts to the upper bar as shown. On the car the upper bar is now at the very bottom of the door, and I need to raise it two inches to access the bolts.

If image does not display go to
http://www.1aautomotive.com/pics/plp/PLP1331427.jpg
Joel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ZXLNT » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:44 am

Is it sheetmetal blocking you or the actuall window glass??
ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Joel » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:40 pm

Sheetmetal is blocking me from accessing the bolts.
Joel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby adam2562 » Sun May 09, 2004 10:01 am

if its the usual problem that they have .. turn the car off and wait 5 min then try rolling it up normally .. and a short wayas up it'll stop again but keep doing this till its all the way up... i've had to do this on many camry's at toyota lol
Adam - 99 V6 5spd 165k -SOLD
adam2562
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Success

Postby Joel » Sun May 09, 2004 6:42 pm

I got the window out by unbolting the complete assembly, slipping the glass out of the track, pushing the assembly back into the door, and then raising the window. After the window was undolted the complete asembly came out end the new one went in with no problem.
Joel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry