[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Project Red: The First 3MZ-FE Turbo ** CANCELED**
For the one guy with it, and the few guys planning it...

Project Red: The First 3MZ-FE Turbo ** CANCELED**

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:03 am

hksboost wrote:Manual

No manual tranny, stock, for Gen 2...we V6 Gen 2 owner'S have the Toyota U151E tranny
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby hksboost » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:28 am

Sebas007 wrote:
hksboost wrote:Manual

No manual tranny, stock, for Gen 2...we V6 Gen 2 owner'S have the Toyota U151E tranny

OH.. i thought it came with manual tranny like the Gen 4 camry

TurboNetics T-60
471 Whp / 467 lbft @ 20 psi
hksboost
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:51 am

I was wondering about the 3MZ rods vs 1MZ rods...and I remember I saw something on the subject.

Go to the last post of this thread.
The guy is Oteck. he swap a 3MZ in his MR-2 and he knows pretty well what he is talking about.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96238&highlight=1MZ+3MZ+rods
"it's 3vz rods | 22re eagle rods | 1mz rods.
the 1mz and 3mz rods are the same, the only diff is the 3mz uses 91.9mm pistons."

So since the rods are the same...the internal (except the diameter of the piston) are the same. However, the 3Mz rods are handling more stress (3MZ stock vs 1MZ stock). But knowing some got SCed with around 300hp at the crank without forging the internals...I think it is plausible to say 320 hp at the crank is doable without any internal work. Over, I would ask me some question.

Do someone knows how much it can costs to have the rods and the pistons forged ??
Do I forget other parts to be forged ?
Do the crankshafts has to be forged too in higher boost application ? (I think not but I want to know your opinion)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby hksboost » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Sebas007 wrote:I was wondering about the 3MZ rods vs 1MZ rods...and I remember I saw something on the subject.

Go to the last post of this thread.
The guy is Oteck. he swap a 3MZ in his MR-2 and he knows pretty well what he is talking about.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96238&highlight=1MZ+3MZ+rods
"it's 3vz rods | 22re eagle rods | 1mz rods.
the 1mz and 3mz rods are the same, the only diff is the 3mz uses 91.9mm pistons."

So since the rods are the same...the internal (except the diameter of the piston) are the same. However, the 3Mz rods are handling more stress (3MZ stock vs 1MZ stock). But knowing some got SCed with around 300hp at the crank without forging the internals...I think it is plausible to say 320 hp at the crank is doable without any internal work. Over, I would ask me some question.

Do someone knows how much it can costs to have the rods and the pistons forged ??
Do I forget other parts to be forged ?
Do the crankshafts has to be forged too in higher boost application ? (I think not but I want to know your opinion)

A set of forged rods and pistons will cost 1850
These are the most important parts to be forged and you will need also head studs, main studs and metal head gasket
No need to forged the Crank

TurboNetics T-60
471 Whp / 467 lbft @ 20 psi
hksboost
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:00 pm

Would be nice to have the $$ to do this right from the ground up! Good luck! :up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:09 am

Do someone knows when STEVO will ever post back on his project ??
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solara caper » Mon May 05, 2008 4:46 pm

What happened ?????????// does any one got any info on this car, did he blow the motor or what?
solara caper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:19 pm

Yeah well I haven't talked to my cousin for a while now regarding the car but from what I understand the project is pretty much on hold until he's done traveling for MMA tournaments. Last time I saw the car (about a month ago) it was lifted up with the front bumper removed. I'll try and get a full update from him ASAP.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Guys I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the 3MZ turbo project is no more.

Long story short, the car was being fitted for the intercooler at a shop when someone came, saw the car, and made Stevo an offer on the spot to take the car of his hands...which he took.

So needless to say, the car is now sold and the project isn't gonna be happening...not even on my car since he turbo parts have been kept and it's being mounted on a 2004 G35 coupe he picked up shortly after selling the solara....guess boosting the 'lara was more trouble than it was worth...you can always PM Stevo and give him a piece of your mind lol

Sorry for the heartbreak guys! Mods feel free to lock.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Gen 2 Forced Induction