[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Update:N2O. Michael's Artic Frost Project. 232whp 294 torque
For the one guy with it, and the few guys planning it...

Update:N2O. Michael's Artic Frost Project. 232whp 294 torque

Update:N2O. Michael's Artic Frost Project. 232whp 294 torque

Postby michaels artic frost » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:38 pm

Hello all,

Many of you knew that my engine blew up on nitrous due to a bad install from a crappy local shop back in the summer of 2005. I've since put that in the past and with a new engine install back in September of 2005, the nitrous setup was still in the back of my mind.

After getting the air bags suspensions, I wasn't satisfied with my current setup, I just wanted a lil more GO with my show setup. Went back with the original shop that I spoke with 3 years back, they're bout 2 hours from me, and wish I had gone with them originally, because their workmanship is superb! They did everything I asked and proceeded with extra precaution since they knew the history of my car with NOS.

We all know that nitrous in itself is not dangerous, so I don't need to educate anyone about that. But if anyone is interested, I'll post a few links to read up on below:

http://www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html My personal favorite.

http://www.justsayn2o.com/

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/faq.html

These are just a few links to help those that want to read up on nitrous.

It's been working great in the car for almost a month now. I plan on going back to the tuner shop and having the car dyno in mid July, after I get my new wheels. I didn't want to take my 20s chrome to the track, since I sold my stock 17s, I didn't have a spare set so that's why I was searching for a small size with more rubber. It'll be nice to have a spare set for winter/also.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to race, I just want a lil more GO to go with my SHOW setup. I will keep everyone posted as the time nears. After the dyno, Tact and I are going to the track. Come out and join us if anyone has time.

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=40361

Bout 3 years ago, it was my lack of knowledge with nitrous that cost me dearly, since then I've tried to educate myself on things that I do not have knowledge of and very glad I did. I know of several on nitrous...not solaras, but camaros and such on the bottle without any safety in place. Knowing what I know now, I would strongly recommend as much safety as possible. Just remember that there's always something that could go wrong.

Safety items from this site (one of my personal favorite)
http://www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html
* A Master On/Off switch
* A WOT switch, which is installed on the actual throttle, that closes the circuit only when your foot is on the floorboard
* A pushbutton in the car, probably on the shifter
* A "window switch" (see "Safety" for details) that closes the circuit only when the engine RPM is between a certain range (like 3000-6000) that you decide is acceptable
* A fuel pressure switch

I have all of the above NOW, but 2 years ago, I did not, but it was a bad install like I said from bad installers...live and learn.

Here's the prove...Daddy's little gurlz...knocked out...after a day out in Daddy's bottle fed Solara. :wink: Mommy got the day off and out with the drop top beamer drop top beamer.

Last but not least, I'd like to give JoeB, many thanks.
JoeB, you've been a great member to SG in the past and you've been a very helpful online friend through all of this. Your knowledge and recommendations has made me feel so much better. Thank you for everything!

Many thanks to anyone else that I left out.

But most of all, thank you to my wife for putting up with me through all of this. I love you hun!

SPECS

Project: Michael's Artic Frost Project
Year/Make/Model: 2004 Toyota Solara
Engine: V6 3MZ-FE
Stock hp: 210
Engine
3.3-liter DOHC 24-valve VVT-i V6 210 hp @ 5600 rpm/220 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm
Transmission
5-speed electronically controlled automatic overdrive (ECT-i) standard
Drivetrain
Front engine, front-wheel drive

Dyno numbers soon to come in mid July.
Track numbers soon to come in mid July.

Pics of engine and trunk will be up later once everything is completed.

NOS, nuff said.

Best,
Michael T. 8)
Last edited by michaels artic frost on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:01 pm

jk Mike. Great stuff. and I read up that stuff you emailed me, great stuff!!
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:12 pm

finally running the nitrous on your solara....
Last edited by ---CAMRAZY--- on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:33 pm

That's awesome Mike! Take some pics under da hood bro! We'd love to see your setup! :up:

Also - lemme know if you end up with some pipes from Jose or not. I'm getting closer to getting the SS box and sensors all tweaked correctly too! ;)

As with Milt - would like to knw how bags are going to do under track conditions as well. :-?
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Nicely done on the giggle gas. I hope to see your setup on Wednesday.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby SleeperSolara » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Nice man. 8)
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby michaels artic frost » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:33 pm

My air ride suspension has 9 individual settings on each bag from soft to track mode. They put the same bag struts on hot rods. Nuff said. Not sure if you're even familiar with these, I sure wasn't. Granted I've got my entire air suspension system in the spare tire, so I've got a bit of extra weight already.

-M
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Hiya

Postby slingshot » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Sounds awesome Mike! Looking forward to hearing the times you get and the pics.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Black Bob » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:06 pm

While at the Columbus meet I had a chance to listen to the compressor hum feeding the bags and it sounded SWEEEEEEET!!!! I hope to get the chance one day to see it run while on the bottle (hint,hint).

(Funny side story--When Mike first told me he was "on the bottle" I replied he carried it well for a fellow alcoholic! And I was serious! :rofl:)
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby tacti » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:18 am

congrats on your N2O.
it was a good pull on I75 on the way to columbus
let's the drag strip day happens so that you can waste your entire bottles in one day!

Tact
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Solara08861 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 am

Is it a dry or wet system?
Solara08861
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby akora12 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:15 am

Very nice Michael. It's good to see some love go into the engine since the exterior is already looking good.

I hope you're not regretting selling your stockies now that you have to get some replacements!
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm

Solara08861 wrote:Is it a dry or wet system?

^^Wet kit.^"^

akora12 wrote:Very nice Michael. It's good to see some love go into the engine since the exterior is already looking good.

I hope you're not regretting selling your stockies now that you have to get some replacements!

Nah, it's cool bro, I've got some new wheels coming, needed to get something with more rubber than my current 225/35. How have you been? I see that you're supercharged from your sig. Congrats!!!

-M
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Okay, I decided to put the past behind me and dyno on Friday the 13th. Thank you God for everything. With that being said, let's get to the numbers.

1. Stock numbers without N2O = 178whp 196 torque

2. 35 shot of N2O made 222whp

3. We bumped it up to 50 shot of N2O and the final results. 232 WHP and 294 Torque.

My dyno guy has all the sheets and will email them to me later next week. This was dynoed on a Mustang Dyno. Several had mentioned to me that the numbers on a Mustang Dyno were about 10% less than the Dynojets. Nonetheless, I've very pleased with the end results. My tuner was like...are you ready to bump it up to 75 shot, I paused a moment and said, let's take it one step at a time. Perhaps in a few months...lol.

I took some pics with my iphone, sorry for the fuzzy images, but will post up more spec sheets once I get them.

Last edited by michaels artic frost on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Nice! Almost 300 Torque! :up:
Project: Icis (My gurls 05' Sport 3MZ)

"Passion in a project reveals the perfection at work"
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara