[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP!: car won't stay on after Seafoam
Stock talk about Solara

HELP!: car won't stay on after Seafoam

HELP!: car won't stay on after Seafoam

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:35 pm

So I decided to Seafoam my car again, last time was more than a year ago.

1/3 in the gas tank

1/3 in the oil

less than a third in the brake booster line.

I let the car sit for about 15-20 minutes.

Turned it on and started revving, smoke coming out as normal, took about a good 2 minutes of revving for the smoke to clear.

I turned off the car and started doing something else (cleaning the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner).

I put the intake back together and try to start the car.

It starts and dies immediately.......I try again, giving it some gas, same results.

Didn't want to panic, waited an hour, came back and try to do the same.......start then it dies.

Any suggestions what I should do? Not sure if it makes a different my car is parked on a hill facing down. Thanks.
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Re: HELP!: car won't stay on after Seafoam

Postby mig0s » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:01 pm

I think it's not the seafoam since it was normal when you started the car after the seafoam. Maybe check you maf sensor connections?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:34 pm

mig0s wrote:I think it's not the seafoam since it was normal when you started the car after the seafoam. Maybe check you maf sensor connections?

Checked the MAF sensor looks fine, it's dry, both wires are there and intact.

I think the spark plugs may be fouled but I can't reach them to check.
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Postby mig0s » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:37 pm

LatinDragonXJC wrote:
mig0s wrote:I think it's not the seafoam since it was normal when you started the car after the seafoam. Maybe check you maf sensor connections?

Checked the MAF sensor looks fine, it's dry, both wires are there and intact.

I think the spark plugs may be fouled but I can't reach them to check.

Yes, it might be your plugs. Also, just to let you know, it might be a bad spark plug wire connection too. When I changed my wires, I had the same problem as you and the car shuts down after starting. I reconnected all the wires (and the problem was gone). You might try that too if you can't change your spark plugs right now.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:01 pm

i was gonna suggest the plugs too
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:08 am

Thanks for both of your suggestions, seems like the plugs were flooded by the position the car was in and the the throttle body was very dirty.

I pulled the front 3 plugs and cleaned them off. Then I cleaned the throttle body after about an hour of trying it eventually stayed on more smoke came out and she was alive.
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby redsamick » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Kicka$$!
2000 SE 5-speed
V6
K&N Air filter
Black
Sunroof
Leather

time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana.
redsamick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby WrekLeZTeenDriver » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:09 pm

when i seafoamed i was informed to take the car for a hard drive for about 10-30 minutes.
WrekLeZTeenDriver
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM