[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Trunk carpet fastener
Stock talk about Solara

Trunk carpet fastener

Trunk carpet fastener

Postby Teamroper » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:19 am

I am trying to find a few (2 or 3) of the little flanged plastic fasteners that are used on each side of the tail lights near the top of the trunk to hold the carpet in place. These are just push-ons. They go over top of a small diameter bolt that is attached to the body. Checking at the local Toyota dealer the cost is $2.04/ea. and of course they have to order them. Has anyone out there found somebody or something that will work in it's place. I already checked with Autozone and Advance Auto with no luck.
Teamroper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Trunk carpet fastener

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:58 pm

lol you should just bite the $6.12 bullet...if you had ordered them from Toyota when you asked you'd probably have them within a few days
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Teamroper » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Jabraltar wrote:lol you should just bite the $6.12 bullet...if you had ordered them from Toyota when you asked you'd probably have them within a few days
Yeah, you're probably right. I just thought that I could find somebody that might sell a pack of them for $10 so that when the other ones went kaput I would have some extras. Thanks
Teamroper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm just playing with you but if you want to have some backups why not order like 4 or 5 extra from Toyota and get them all at the same time..probably won't be much cheaper if you do end up finding a pack of them..good luck on your search!
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:20 pm

oh yeah and check ebay too...if you can buy someone's soul on there..chances are you can find what you need lol
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Teamroper » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 am

Jabraltar wrote:oh yeah and check ebay too...if you can buy someone's soul on there..chances are you can find what you need lol
Yeah, I've tried that but it is the description that is so hard to try and nail. Whether it is a "fastener, clip, retainer" or whatever else you want to call it. LOL.
Teamroper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM