[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Oil pan gasket replacement
Stock talk about Solara

Oil pan gasket replacement

Oil pan gasket replacement

Postby mers714 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm replacing my oil pan gasket and i was wondering if a cork gasket holds a good enough seal? Should i use silicone gasket sealant? anything else i should do? input appreciated, thanks
2000 Solara V6 SE AUTO - TRD RSB - TINT - 6K HID's
mers714
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Oil pan gasket replacement

Postby ftw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:58 pm

If I remember correctly I think Toyota uses just a sealant in a tube for the oil pan...I don't remember exactly what they call it. Maybe someone else can chime in.
New Daily: 2005 Corolla XRS
SOLD: DWP 1999 SE V6| Eibach/Tokico| Super Pro Dogbone Bushings, FSB Bushings| Energy Suspension Front Control Arm Bushings| Injen Intake
ftw
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Solara OEM