[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rear Light Warning Failure + AC problem
Stock talk about Solara

Rear Light Warning Failure + AC problem

Rear Light Warning Failure + AC problem

Postby g_money85 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:18 am

Hi,

Haven't been here in a while but two things I need help on because I'm a bit confused.

1. My rear light failure came on in my 2001 solara. I checked the bulbs and they all work. The rear driver side one doesn't light up, but the bulb is fine. Sometimes the warning is on, sometimes its off? I haven't found a solution, I was thinking of reseting but I'd thought I would ask first. If anything the trunk light won't come on when I open the trunk and I just changed the bulb. I'm not sure if thats part of the failure light.....the fuses are good too, so im out of ideas.

2. My second problem deals with the AC and heater. They slowly worked their way into only working on high. It was working before in medium, now only on high. I did some looking around and some forums I ran into called for a bad resistor. Does charging the AC have to do anything with the problem because thats what my first thought was before I ran across the resistor suggestion. Thanks for the help.

-John
Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.
g_money85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Rear Light Warning Failure + AC problem

Postby amabsolute » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 pm

When you say rear light warning do you mean reverse lights or back up lights?
Then heres the link viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38815&start=0&hilit=reverse+light+back+up+switch

Cant help you with your second problem but i'm sure some one else will.
IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/amabsolute1/crap-1.jpg[/IMG]
amabsolute
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby g_money85 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Thank you....the third brake light was out and somehow was affecting the rear driver side. Still on the second one......
Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.
g_money85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ThatVietGuy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:24 pm

No, the AC problem should have nothing to do with a recharge.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby g_money85 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Thanks guys, just fixed the second problem.....was a bad blower resistor. Works great now, hard part was creeping my fingers thru the area it was in.......the resistor was rusted and i guess it was time...
g_money85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Solara OEM