[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1mz wont rev needs help
Stock talk about Solara

1mz wont rev needs help

1mz wont rev needs help

Postby soul australia » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:13 pm

hey guys im new on here ......

i have a mazda 626 i have fitted a 1mz to from a camry i have wired in the factory ecu and am having problems with it

it will start and run ... will idle sooooo smooth ..... but when i go to rev it it just dies in the arse ....

i have taken it for a drive around the block and i can only give it light throttle ... or it will die till i take my foot off the throttle

i have fitted 3vz fuel rails to it so i could get a return line and a pressure reg.
i am useing the factory camry maf and airbox .
i have removed the egr valve from the inlet and had to move the o2 sensor in the back bank to make clearence to the stearing rack.
i have removed the power steer pump and the a/c and just have a short belt to the alt.
the motor was from an auto car and so waas the loom and ecu
i have fitted a manule box and fly wheel from a 3vz as we dont get verry many manule 20series camrys over here.. and i have removed the auto ecu and i am not running the ac or airbag ecu but i am running the imobiliser module and key to get it to run.

i havent hooked up the speed sensor but i dnt think that gose to the ecu .
if i disconect the maf it dose the same thing .. so maybe it is stuffed >>>>???
i carnt think of anything else ...
i can prob take a viedo clip of the car running and what its doing ... if you guys no this problem and can help would be verry much appreciated ..

thanx in advance .......
soul australia
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 1mz wont rev needs help

Postby g_money85 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 pm

thats a pretty neat and unique project..best wishes
Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.
g_money85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:49 pm

hows all the fuel? injectors good? is it getting fuel? spark? which series 1mz r u using? 6coilpacks or 3coilpacks and wires? check to make sure the firing order is right too.
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby soul australia » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:54 am

still no good ive checked everything .... maybe my wireing ... i have been over it heaps of times ... maybe coz it was an auto ecu ??

yeah so i need some help guys any electrical wizards here that know these inside out ??

if it was a mazda loom and ecu no probs hahaha

i have a 3 coil pack version ....

if someone can help i will cash them up no probs
soul australia
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SLE » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:03 pm

the auto ECU is likely your issue.... I'd google this if I were u... I know Honda guys who have run into the same type thing after auto to m/t conversion.
Keep it rubber side down!
SLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby soul australia » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:13 pm

so maybe time to find a manule ecu then ...
soul australia
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SLE » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:25 pm

do the research first, but I suspect so....it's possible there's a signal the ECU isn't getting from the absent auto trans, that's causing ur issue.
Keep it rubber side down!
SLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solaraqueen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:35 pm

talk to gregtrd he should be able to help u out.....
solaraqueen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby soul australia » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:16 am

cheers mate i msged him
soul australia
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM